Browning BAR owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning BAR owners?

Hey guys, I'm looking to Buy a Browning BAR MK III in either a .300 WSM or 7mm 08.
    Are there any owners here that have recommendations on ammo?
    How's the recoil?
    Gonna use for deer,pigs, and occasional nilgai hunt.

Already in my safe: .300 Win Mag, 7 mag, 6.5 Creedmore, 8mm Mouser.

Looking to add the versatility. I like to have options for me and my two girls to shoot. April we got chosen for Laguna exotic hunt; I will have .300win mag,
    one daughter the 6.5 and wanting this BAR MK III for other daughter 140 lbs 5'9.
    What does the green screen think?

I love the 7mm-08 round. In my opinion, it is one of the best hunting calibers made for 300 yds and in. Low recoiling and hits like a mule. I got one 3 years ago, and don't pick up my .270 anymore. It has basically dropped everything shot with it. Mature south TX bucks, 250+ lb. boar, multiple does, etc... Brought it on my mule deer hunt earlier this year and took a nice muley at 165 yds. That was the only animal that wasn't DRT. It ran 35 yds and was my fault for hitting slightly back. 140 gr. Federal Fusions and Federal Nosler Partitions are what I use with it. Recoil so light my Fiance loves it and she is small @ 5'2".

Comment

Good, that's 1pt. for the 7mm 08.

Comment

I have both, a belgium made BAR in .270 that i have had since i was 12. A customized Tikka 7mm-08 "for wife". For Texas, if shes not using it I'm taking the 7mm-08 every time. Its more accurate, less recoil, and 139 gr fed premium nosler partitions just smoke animals here. Matter of fact on my New Mexico Elk hunts I have taken the 7mm-08 every time as a backup to my 30-06. Jus sayin

Comment

You do know the BAR is a military assault rifle, right?

In that case, you might as well round out the caliber categories with some kind of .338, .270, or 6mm/.243.

Comment

My BAR is in .338 Win Mag. Love the rifle.

But choosing between the 2 cartridges you asked about I would lean towards the 7-08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
              I love the 7mm-08 round. In my opinion, it is one of the best hunting calibers made for 300 yds and in. Low recoiling and hits like a mule. I got one 3 years ago, and don't pick up my .270 anymore. It has basically dropped everything shot with it. Mature south TX bucks, 250+ lb. boar, multiple does, etc... Brought it on my mule deer hunt earlier this year and took a nice muley at 165 yds. That was the only animal that wasn't DRT. It ran 35 yds and was my fault for hitting slightly back. 140 gr. Federal Fusions and Federal Nosler Partitions are what I use with it. Recoil so light my Fiance loves it and she is small @ 5'2".
              This!

Comment

I had a BAR in 7mm RM and it wasn't bad recoil. My wife liked to shoot it but she is 6'4" .

I imagine the BAR in 7-08 would be fine for someone you daughter's size.

Comment

Working...
                X