No announcement yet.

Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder activity is down for us with all the green. They are still cleaning it up most days but it's on their time not so much the first hour after it throws like in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
      Feeder activity is down for us with all the green. They are still cleaning it up most days but it's on their time not so much the first hour after it throws like in the summer.
      Yea kinda what I was hoping. Was hoping the cows didn't run em all off. We went from having 5-10 axis and 10 or so whitetail on cameras everyday to lucky to get 5 deer total and no axis. It came to a sudden stop mid September which was when they rotated the cows in as well.

Comment

Headed down Friday morning. Hopefully the cold front will bring them out

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
          Headed down Friday morning. Hopefully the cold front will bring them out
          Same here. Bring steaks for us.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            Same here. Bring steaks for us.
            My dad has been getting tomahawk steaks at HEB in Ennis. Somehow I miss out every time he gets them.

Comment

Headed out in the morning for three days. Everyday last week got better an better. Hope it still is an the cold front gets the shooters moving as well.

Comment

Originally posted by capt1brooks View Post
                Headed out in the morning for three days. Everyday last week got better an better. Hope it still is an the cold front gets the shooters moving as well.
                Good luck

Comment

I was in Menard this past weekend. There is a bumper crop of chiggers and the rattle bugs and other snakes were definitely on the move. Not bad feeder activity for the deer. The most hog activity I have seen.

Comment

Half way between Roosevelt and Ft. Mckavett here.

Comment

I got up on the 24th of September and filled feeders and finished my last cattle panel blind just in time before the rains came again and now I am wondering when I will get to hunt. I want to go on Sunday but now they are saying Hurricane Sergio will be moving across Mexico and into Texas over the weekend. Good luck to all of you fellas.

Comment

I was up there this week end at the end of Waddell Rd. I only hunted a couple times as we were adding another 24'x24' on the metal building. Deer were not moving much at all.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          I was up there this week end at the end of Waddell Rd. I only hunted a couple times as we were adding another 24'x24' on the metal building. Deer were not moving much at all.
                          Tell Raymond not to work you so hard out there

Comment

This will be the second year in a row (that I know of) that the season will be open the weekend after New Years Day. Last year I saw more and bigger bucks moving than any other time of the season.
                            I already have that weekend marked on my calendar, this year now.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                              This will be the second year in a row (that I know of) that the season will be open the weekend after New Years Day. Last year I saw more and bigger bucks moving than any other time of the season.

I already have that weekend marked on my calendar, this year now.

Good to know, I’ve rarely shot my allotment by then. I’ll have to keep this in mind. Thanks for the heads up [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you guys that are hunting this weekend. We will be going next Thursday. I hope you guys stay dry. It looks like they are projecting another 2 to 3-inches from Sunday through next Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X