Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Fisher, Jones, Nolan, Runnels, Shackelford, Taylor...4th Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callahan, Coleman, Fisher, Jones, Nolan, Runnels, Shackelford, Taylor...4th Edition

It’s that time of year again folks! Let’s post up our updates, trail cam pics, LDP’s, and any other information to make this thread great!

Please feel free to post even if you aren’t hunting in any of the counties listed above. Good luck to everyone this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to the extreme drought conditions, 3 of our 4 tanks are dry. We will be experimenting with a water trough.

Also set up an additional gravity feeder about 50 yards off of the spot that we usually plant winter wheat.

Did some mowing for food plot prep, but will need several rain showers before we can begin the process.

A few small bucks are hitting the corn/protein, but nothing to grab our attention as of yet.

Comment

Bad drought conditions 1 mile North of Cross Plains in Callahan County. Our 17 acre soil conservation lake is almost dry for only the 3rd time in my 64 yr lifetime. Been hauling water to the cows for 4 weeks. Cutting herd back starting 1st of August if no rain. Haven’t even seen a deer on our 200 acres this year. Not one hog this year, which isn’t a bad thing! Just too dry. Conditions vary across the county of course

Comment

The droughts of 2011 and 2012 were bad, but this is shaping up to be just as bad!

Comment

All of my tanks are dry in Fisher County. Game cam pics are in-impressive so far but they are still growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
            Bad drought conditions 1 mile North of Cross Plains in Callahan County. Our 17 acre soil conservation lake is almost dry for only the 3rd time in my 64 yr lifetime. Been hauling water to the cows for 4 weeks. Cutting herd back starting 1st of August if no rain. Haven’t even seen a deer on our 200 acres this year. Not one hog this year, which isn’t a bad thing! Just too dry. Conditions vary across the county of course
            Our place is about 5 miles south of Cross Plains and our ponds are real low ,neighbors ponds were just puddles when we there July 4th

Comment

Couple of up and comers.

Comment

It's bad in Coleman County as well. Was out there today filling corn and protein feeders. 32 acre soil conservation lake is bone dry and the other tank is half full. Deer are pounding the feeders right now. Running through 600# of protein every 15 days. We have a few decent deer showing up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We’ve got water left in one pond as of last weekend and the way things are going it will be dry in no time. Not looking good! Headed out next weekend to get my game cams going, hopefully I get some good stuff, gotta love Coleman county.

Comment

Bucks seem late growing but a few are starting to look pretty good

Comment

Heading out for our annual work weekend Wednesday PM. Leases in northern callahan and southern shackelford. haven't been out since April and have pretty low expectations for range conditions. will post a report when we get back.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Bucks seem late growing but a few are starting to look pretty good

Good looking deer!

Comment

Our water is still good. Dirt tanks are dry but we have several springs that always have water along with multiple troughs for the cattle. That and the double mountain fork of the brazos is still holding water. That said I have not run feeders since February. Probably fire them up early September and put out cams then.

Comment

Look to have a decent chance of rain next week. Praying!

Comment

Average rainfall for Sweetwater is reported as 23”, we have had 9 so far this year so well behind avg. Don’t think I will even have to mow before discing food plots....

Comment

Working...
                              X