Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
    My crystal ball says get to the doctor.
    That's why I'm at the ER. Didnt want to take any chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
      That's why I'm at the ER. Didnt want to take any chances.

Have you done a stress test and CT imaging?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
        I would strongly suggest to go back to the Dr. for more follow-up tests. If it's gas, anxiety, etc, fine, but don't second guess anything to do with chest pains/pressure. Get a second opinion from a different Dr.
        What sort of tests would I ask for?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Have you done a stress test and CT imaging?
          Nope just the blood work and xray.

Comment

Nope just the blood work and xray.

OK....wife went through this and was cleared on xray and blood but still had pain. They did the stress test and imaging. She passed those as well. As I stated earlier it ended up being a gall bladder issue. My point is the next step after enzymes and xray is usually a stress test.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              OK....wife went through this and was cleared on xray and blood but still had pain. They did the stress test and imaging. She passed those as well. As I stated earlier it ended up being a gall bladder issue. My point is the next step after enzymes and xray is usually a stress test.
              Ok good to know. I really dont know what to expect, previously figured I have a good while before I was worrying about stuff like this
              Last edited by Hooverfb; 06-30-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I've ran on 100's, probably into the 1,000's, of people with chest pain. Not once did someone have right sided chest pain & it turned out to actually be cardiac related. Not that it doesn't happen (like the guy above) but it's uncommon. Usually it's left sided & either feels like an elephant is sitting on your chest or a knife being stabbed into your heart.
                Hopefully yours is not cardiac related. Is the rate & rhythm normal (no PVC's, A fib, A flutter, etc.)?

Comment

What sort of tests would I ask for?
                  Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  I've ran on 100's, probably into the 1,000's, of people with chest pain. Not once did someone have right sided chest pain & it turned out to actually be cardiac related. Not that it doesn't happen (like the guy above) but it's uncommon. Usually it's left sided & either feels like an elephant is sitting on your chest or a knife being stabbed into your heart.
                  Hopefully yours is not cardiac related. Is the rate & rhythm normal (no PVC's, A fib, A flutter, etc.)?
                  First, I'm not a doctor, but a first responder. You should explain to them your concerns and symptoms. THEY should tell You what tests should be run. I would think they'd do an EKG and labs first; then follow-up with a stress test and CT coronary angiogram if the latter results are negative. These would help rule out heart issues only.

Comment

As far as I know. Didnt show me EKG but said it was good. Long as it ain't my heart and it wont kill me, I'll be fine.

Comment

Well was gonna wait to see the doc but woke up from my after lunch nap with pressure and now spasming /fluttering feeling on left side. At ER had son stay home with wife, heart rate is 45 bpm, blood pressure good, ekg good. Just waiting on xrays and blood work to come back. The spasming flutter feeling hasn't gone away which is disconcerting. No burping so not as obvious GERD if it is.
                      Being this is your second time back, I would definitely ask for at least an angiogram. At least for peace of mind. It will help you a ton with your anxiety to know for sure it isn't your ticker.

Comment

Around 2001, I started having fluctuating blood pressure and occasionally a squeezing feeling in my chest.

VA told me I was fine. After much complaining, in 2004 the VA put me on a treadmill hooked up to a machine. Nine minutes later the techs said my heart was healthy. Never saw a cardiologist.

A couple of months later I went to a private cardiologist. He did a chemical stress test. I was 90-95% blocked in the right coronary artery and 85-90% in the left side. Ended up with two stents.

After the ER please follow up with a good cardiologist.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post

After the ER please follow up with a good cardiologist.
                          Very true.

Comment

Very true.
                            Sounds like a plan

Comment

Should also say blood pressure is 110/60. So no indication of any blockage at all.

Comment

Should also say blood pressure is 110/60. So no indication of any blockage at all.
                                They can run blood work to test for a clot at the very least.

Comment

Working...
                                X