A Maintenance Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Maintenance Night

Well. I got my form and shot routine dialed back in this past month.

Now I am finding my arrows need a complete overhaul and retune. When I first tuned this setup a couple years ago, I was creeping forward before the shot and unintentionally stiffening them up a good bit. As of now though my shot really IS a true 32" draw. Apparently even .300 GoldTips are too weak with 225 up front. So I'm yanking the brass inserts, installing aluminum ones, and stuffing fish tank tubing down the shafts to get the arrow weight up enough for 10+ gpp (I draw 68 lbs at 32") while still letting me drop point weight enough to get straight flying arrows.

Anyone else doing the routine maintenance tonight?

I shot a little tonight, but nothing needs changing here right now!

Btw, what happened to the dwarf in your screen name???

Bisch

Comment

No. Last night was brace and nock height check day. I do need to shpot in a new string though.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        I shot a little tonight, but nothing needs changing here right now!

Btw, what happened to the dwarf in your screen name???

Bisch
        Hmmm.... that's a good question. I think perhaps it was too long when I tried to sign up. I know there was a reason for it, but I don't remember why it got shortened.

Comment

Back at the end of May I was getting a little burnt-out on shooting so I decided to take a break for a couple of weeks. Then I got busy doing other stuff and I now realize I have not had the bow off the rack in over 6 weeks. I am going to get back into it starting tomorrow. I am going to take it pretty easy at first, knowing it will take a while to get my form back to where it needs to be. Probably just a daily short session at the blank bale until it starts feeling automatic again.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Back at the end of May I was getting a little burnt-out on shooting so I decided to take a break for a couple of weeks. Then I got busy doing other stuff and I now realize I have not had the bow off the rack in over 6 weeks. I am going to get back into it starting tomorrow. I am going to take it pretty easy at first, knowing it will take a while to get my form back to where it needs to be. Probably just a daily short session at the blank bale until it starts feeling automatic again.
            That happened to me a while back, but it wound up being dang near two years without shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              That happened to me a while back, but it wound up being dang near two years without shooting!

Bisch

Comment

Dang I thought me only shooting a couple times a week was slacking.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Hahaha! This happened when I moved from Montana to Texas. I was looking for work, then after I found a job, I wound up engaged and eventually married. It was a bit of a whirlwind. I've only been shooting consistently again in the past two months.

Comment

Ha! I knew it. Those dang girls will screw things up every time!

Just kidding! I have been married for 36years in about 3 1/2wks!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Just kidding! I have been married for 36years in about 3 1/2wks!
                      Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                        Hahaha! This happened when I moved from Montana to Texas. I was looking for work, then after I found a job, I wound up engaged and eventually married. It was a bit of a whirlwind. I've only been shooting consistently again in the past two months.
                        Similar happened to me when I moved back to Texas from Florida...20 year lapse! What was I thinking?? LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X