North to Alaska!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North to Alaska!

Headed up in a week. As a humble amateur, any hints as to photos from the ship or land would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see you are in Andrews..what equipment are you bringing? Is this a cruise ship? Leaving out of Seattle?

I think I would have my 100-400mm Canon L on my 5d for almost the whole trip. Especially if it is a cruise where you'll have lots of shoreline or farther shots.

Comment

Holy smokes! I was beginning to think nobody would reply. I've got a Nikon 7100 with a
      NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR (copied and pasted that). Also a 35mm fixed. I was curious about settings/lenses to get the best photos. Any ideas?

Comment

Yes. A cruise. Massive elk on your avatar!

Comment

I hope you have a balcony room, the scenery never stops. Take a tripod. I got some decent pics, but I was trying to pack light and left the tripod at home. Lots of wildlife, mountains, birds, and fishing boats. Have fun, it's truly a trip of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
            Holy smokes! I was beginning to think nobody would reply. I've got a Nikon 7100 with a
            NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR (copied and pasted that). Also a 35mm fixed. I was curious about settings/lenses to get the best photos. Any ideas?
            Ive got the same camera its a good camera. I know its not in the list, but a macrolense is fun to shoot with making some in focus and the rest out of focus pics.

I cant wait to see some pics from your trip. I want to go to Alaska one day!
            Last edited by Doug Roberts; 06-09-2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

The settings you use will depend on a number of factors that really can't be answered here. I would recommend if you have time before your trip to get this book and read it with camera in hand. If you don't have time, get it anyway and read it when you do. Enjoy your trip.

Comment

Can't wait to hear about the trip...that is one on my bucket list.

Hope you are bringing extra camera cards and a tripod...you'll have a blast.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Had to brag on the hot wife there at the end

Comment

Comment

Comment

Great pictures, I can't wait to get up there one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X