X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 12ga cast slug

My new Russian mold came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Do you ever watch those guys on YouTube that test all those different slugs out on things? I don't remember the name of it but they've came up with some pretty cool stuff.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance on the slug subject but is that a self defense type slug, hunting, otherwise?

Whatever it is looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Awesome! Do you ever watch those guys on YouTube that test all those different slugs out on things? I don't remember the name of it but they've came up with some pretty cool stuff.

Yeah, that’s my buddy Jeff Henzel’s channel. He’s a contributing member on my Facebook page dedicated to slug and buckshot casting.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
          Forgive my ignorance on the slug subject but is that a self defense type slug, hunting, otherwise?

Whatever it is looks cool.

It’s whatever you want it to be, honestly. Depends on how hot you reload them. If I were using these for home defense, I’ll cast them out of pure lead and reload them down to about 1,000 fps.

I have hunting in mind for these, so they’ll range anywhere from 1300-1600 fps, depending on powder.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
            It’s whatever you want it to be, honestly. Depends on how hot you reload them. If I were using these for home defense, I’ll cast them out of pure lead and reload them down to about 1,000 fps.

I have hunting in mind for these, so they’ll range anywhere from 1300-1600 fps, depending on powder.

Very, very cool. I have always had an itch to shoot a deer with a slug. I am mesmerized by the unimaginable knock-down power.

Comment

I have a fetish for slugs. I’d rather slug hunt that rifle hunt. Here’s a sample of my homemade slugs. Some have sub-MOA accuracy at 100 yards.

Comment

Nice! What gun are you shootin those out of? I'd like to kill some stuff with a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Nice! What gun are you shootin those out of? I'd like to kill some stuff with a shotgun.

These are a plumbata-style slug sonthese should be accurate out of both rifled and smoothbore. I’ll test these in my H&R USH, Mossberg 590, and Mossberg 835 with both rifled and smoothbore barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

Turn them hollow-side- forward for tactical use

Comment

I got these for tactical use.

Comment

Leon, if I'm drawn for the H hog slaughter I may be reaching out to you to get some slugs if you'd be interested in making me some.

Comment

How did you make the two cooper ones on the left of that pic ? Cool stuff !

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            How did you make the two cooper ones on the left of that pic ? Cool stuff !

So those are homemade using 3/4” copper caps filled with lead. I didn’t make those. Another buddy of mine did using a staging machine.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              Leon, if I'm drawn for the H hog slaughter I may be reaching out to you to get some slugs if you'd be interested in making me some.

I got just the load for it. Effective on this hog during the H hog hunt in March.

Comment

Working...
                              X