X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
      The 300PRC is a necked down 375 RM that was engineered to outperform the 300 NORMA with accuracy and long range. Even more so it allows for versatility because of the long and narrow cartridge. This allows for more of a consistent burn and better longe range accuracy with the bullet seat not taking up a cartridge space. The drop is in between the NORMA and the 338 Lapua along with energy and speed. The accuracy and versatility is much better. As for the RUM the long range accuracy (1500-2000) of the 300 PRC is much better. The approach with the PRCs is to be similar to the Creedmore but in a magnum. If George Gardner and team says to me to put these 2 rifles in your safe, I listen. By the way the PRC has 60% less recoil than the RUM. The cons are limited box options, which I’m loading and don’t care, and short barrel life. I’m also not to concerned with replacing a $500 barrel every couple of years.

This looks like marketing literature. If it has 60% less recoil than the RUM, it does not out perform the RUM. I have a custom 300 RUM and it’s pretty much as bad as it gets in the 30cal world. The WSM was advertised as short and fat for a more consistent powder burn. Now it’s the opposite? Long range accuracy of the PRC can only be as good as my RUM. Better, no. Someone is hyping the latest magnum 30cal.

My long range load is a Berger 215 Hybrid at 3150fps. Can the PRC do that?

Comment

300 PRC 212gr ELDX load lists muzzle velocity of 2860fps. That doesn’t come close to my 300 RUM.

Comment

Working...
        X