No announcement yet.

Stockshow Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my daughter absolutely loves helping my brother, and neice and nephew with their pigs. She has a while to go till she is old enough to show, she is 3, but in the mean time we are currently having a barn built. Around november we are gonna get two pigs to hit up the jackpots. Hopefully by the time she is of age to start showing, she will be ahead of the game. Got the dirt work done, now concrete guy will be here tomorrow.
    Attached Files

Comment

Where do you find jackpot listings? Is there one main place that will list a lot of them or do you have to search them out locally?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hers one resource, also your Ag teacher and county extension agent will be aware of local jackpots and fundraisers. Most JP's are done by clubs in order to raise funds for county auction.

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
        Where do you find jackpot listings? Is there one main place that will list a lot of them or do you have to search them out locally?

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          Hers one resource, also your Ag teacher and county extension agent will be aware of local jackpots and fundraisers. Most JP's are done by clubs in order to raise funds for county auction.

https://tjla.org/calendar/action~mon...t_format~json/
          Originally posted by AJMag View Post

Do most show county animals in the jackpots or buy separate animals since the rules differ? Asking because my daughter is really into it, won grand last year at county and wants to pursue more competition.

Comment

County and major animals. It a great way to get your animals used to the stress of showing and the show ring. Also gives the kiddos a chance to learn how each animal is going to show and react in the ring. They are all a little different. Plus it seems to give the dads a great chance to practice drinking cold beer.

Comment

There is a Facebook page that lists a lot of jackpot shows. It is called Texas Prospect Show Info Page. There are a lot already listed all over the state. This is where my wife finds the majority of the ones we go to.

The town we live in has 2 shows. One is in October and is a Lamb and Goat Clinic and Show. The other is a sanctioned Steer and Heifer Show

Comment

This is Lollie our momma to be. We are on show hold since she is due at the end of the month.
                Attached Files

Comment

If I may offer advice, make sure Lollie has plenty of cool shade and breeze when her calve comes. August is a tough time to calve and you can lose a new born in a hurry, especially to a first calve heifer. Speaking from experience here but the good news is you have a great breed for calving in the heat.

Comment

Well I didn't add the Brahman instead I bought another Brangus heifer yesterday. I'll pick her up in a couple of days and the fun will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
                      Five steers and a heifer right now, and just paid for a goat yesterday. It will be here sometime in September.
                      Dang! Are these hair steers?

Comment

All but the Gert, and even he'll have enough come January. Lotsa rice rootin' going on lol.

Comment

You mean all but the ABC?
                          Originally posted by WT View Post
                          All but the Gert, and even he'll have enough come January. Lotsa rice rootin' going on lol.

Comment

3 litters of pigs coming in Sept,3 on feed for Liberty Co,and waiting to see if we got pulled for Denver...

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                              You mean all but the ABC?

I stand corrected!

After what I saw in Gonzales a couple of weeks ago, he could’ve been gert, red angus, or even simmy [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                                Well went and picked out our last goat for County. The goal is just to make sale at County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Good looking goat would love to see the profile

Comment

Working...
                                X