Ruger M77 MKII 25-06 Owners????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger M77 MKII 25-06 Owners????

I just purchased a used Ruger M77 MKII 25-06 (Black Pad). Trying to narrow down what ammo will shoot best out of it. What factory ammo does your Ruger 25-06 like best?
    Thanks in advance!

I can tell you it doesn't matter if you compared the exact same rifles that had successive serial #'s, they both will like one ammo more than the other. I have a Ruger Heavy Barrel .25-06 and it likes 117 gr. Black Hills sst's

Comment

This^^^
      My dad has one that likes factory 117 sst's and the hornady whitetail. For reloads it likes 115 vld's.

Comment

Mine likes anything 117 gr........ & hits em like Thor's hammer, absolutely devastating round. You will like it

Comment

Can't say anything about factory ammo, but my Tikka T3 Lite likes 120 gr. ballistic tips fast. The hotter i load them, the tighter the groups. Nowhere near max loads yet.

The 25-06 has a reputation for liking fast loads.

Comment

117 sst Hornady like others have said.

Comment

So it looks like the consensus is that I need to try 117 grain SST's first.
              Thanks everyone.

Comment

Mine likes the federal 117 gr Sierra boat tails. I did have to sand down the barrel channel a bit due to barrel touching stock. Shoots 1/2" groups. Never tried the sst in this gun, just personal preference not a fan of the tipped bullets.

Comment

Working...
                X