FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enewman View Post
    I can’t believe we started this post in 2014.

It was one for the ages lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I threw 2 arrows together yesterday for my Carbon Spyder to get the weight up from last year. Lasts year arrow weighed in at 371gr. Killed my biggest buck with them but didn’t get the penetration I needed. Arrows I put together yesterday are GT Velocity 300 spine, 27 1/8” throat to carbon, regular insert, 70gr weight behind the insert, 100gr head (cause I have a ton of 100gr heads) & 3 fletched with AAE Pro Maxx vanes. Total weight came in at 448gr. I’ve only shot them tonight & seem to be flying well, I’ll check farther distances tomorrow. As for FOC I’m getting 17.74%.

Question: could I increase the foc any if I was to use a 50gr brass insert with just a 20gr weight behind it? The reason I ask is that the 50 & 20gr weights together are 1” long. My thinking is that if I use a 50gr insert it would be putting more weight to the front of the shaft there for increasing foc. I know not by much but when shooting an arrow that weights only 448gr grains I think all the foc I could muster up would be beneficial.

Side note:
      I’m really liking the foc game. I’ve never played around with foc till this year & ive never had arrows fly as straight as I have them flying now. They maybe flying slow but they’re flying straight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
        Question: could I increase the foc any if I was to use a 50gr brass insert with just a 20gr weight behind it? The reason I ask is that the 50 & 20gr weights together are 1” long. My thinking is that if I use a 50gr insert it would be putting more weight to the front of the shaft there for increasing foc. I know not by much but when shooting an arrow that weights only 448gr grains I think all the foc I could muster up would be beneficial.

Side note:
        I’m really liking the foc game. I’ve never played around with foc till this year & ive never had arrows fly as straight as I have them flying now. They maybe flying slow but they’re flying straight!!
        Yes, about 1% or so. I shoot the exact same shafts and changing from stacked weights and Alu. inserts to a Brass insert gave me about a 1% bump. Regardless, they are just easier to build. Even though I always use loctite on the weights I am also always worried they are going to come loose (which they never have).

Comment

Got with muddyfuzzy to build me a new set of sticks, and first time I’ve ever Gave weight or foc a thought.. 500 gr black eagle spartan with 17% foc. Should be a hammer and be a good setup for Africa when I go in 2 years

Comment

Lets give this a 2020 bump for those looking for more FOC

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Lets give this a 2020 bump for those looking for more FOC
              lots of talks in this post.

I've change some of my views since 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                lots of talks in this post.

I've change some of my views since 2014.
                6 years worth

Comment

Instant Classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of good info was shared and our knowledge had increased

Comment

Working...
                    X