What's with all the RAGE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a slick trick guy for a while now but decided to give rage hypodermics a try... Had a slick head come out and let one fly... Couldn't wait to see what kind of blood trail I had to follow... Wasn't impressed... Was following on all fours for about 200 yards then lost it... Never found her. What went wrong? Initially I thought I "smoked her" and was double lung for sure... Thoughts??

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    Last edited by DirtNap; 12-20-2014, 02:15 PM.

Couldn't tell ya there. Shot looked good. Some will say it was a little back, but it was plenty in the kill zone, and low. Should have been a good blood trail from the video of the shot.

Comment

Comment

It was a little back. Probably mostly liver. I paused the video and you can where the Rage opened up and where the impact was. She's dead somewhere.

Last edited by panhandlehunter; 12-20-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Liver shot

Comment

Liver, shot one this year with a rage extreme and found no blood, found him the next day and straight through the liver. Arrow had dark red blood on fletchings like yours also.

Comment

Looks like liver. Usually not the best blood trails regardless of head used. Dead deer though.

Comment

Another vote for the liver shot.

Comment

lower liver shot. I believe like everyone else that she's dead, but I don't understand why no blood trail. I am a firm believer in hypodermics for a proven deer killer.

Comment

she was leaning forward kinda weird on that leg... so it was further back than I bet you thought at first... yep I vote liver, i'm no rage lover or hater but that would been a track with a rifle much less a broadhead

Comment

I would say you hit liver

Comment

Shot looked low and back. Jmo

How many yards was the shot?
                        Last edited by sideways; 12-22-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Yep. Low liver. I hit the buck in my avatar exactly like that with exactly the same broadhead last year. I took me 9 days to find him. He only went about 200 yards as the crow flies, but due to cover and direction, it was a hard find. She's dead. That's a tough find with any bh. Oh, and I shoot Reapers now, but the hypodermic is a good head.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                            Shot looked low and back. Jmo

How many yards was the shot?
                            25 yard shot from a chain on stand elevated about 12 feet or so.

Comment

Thats tough buddy

Comment

Working...
                              X