Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Broadhead Issue

Howdy folks,

I'm shooting a 70# Martin Firecat with a 28.5" draw, 29" 7595 Gold Tips and just decided to try out some 100gr NAP Hellrazors. In the past few years I've hunted with Montecs and Magnus Buzzcuts, all of which have had the same point of impact as my field points.

Started shooting the Hellrazors this evening at 20 yards, and everything looked good. Backed off to 30 yards and my arrows are hitting about 1 1/2" left. Moved on back to 40 yards, and I'm grouping 4" to the left. At this point I shot two field points which hit dead on at 40.

Do ya'll this could be a tuning issue.......or maybe my setup just doesn't like the new broadheads?

Thanks,

Jake

Guessing they don't like your setup if it work well worth others.

Comment

I would move my rest a VERY tiny bit to the right and shoot again.

Comment

Here is the broadhead tuning chart I use. Try following it. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378787463.796932.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	24243180

Comment

You will have to re-tune your setup for THAT particular broadhead. Although good heads, those hellrazors are a longer point than you've been shooting and will fly a little different. If the montecs and buzzcuts are hitting same poi as field points, I don't think it's worth the change. Both are great heads, and it's too close to opening day to have any doubts about your equipment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Comment

Shoot the Stingers.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about walk back tuning when I get home today and seeing if any difference is noticed. I've had great success with both the G5 and Magnus heads, was just looking to try these guys out this year. I'm thinking if there is no change after I walk back tune, then they're going on the shelf for this year!

Jake

Comment

type of bow?

Comment

2010 Martin Firecat TR2, dual cams.

Comment

did you shoot your old heads along side the new ones? if not could be a change in the bow since last year. worth checking.

Comment

Well I got home and decided to try the "French tuning" method that a friend recommended. (Need to change the name!) Got done with the tuning process and re zeroed the bow out to 40 yards. Put the hellrazor on an arrow and let fly at 40 yards, bullseye.

The issue was about 1/16" of adjustment to the right on my arrow rest, now everything's awesome. Montecs and Buzzcuts still shoot to point of aim, so everything is awesome!

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Tarleton Jake View Post
                        Well I got home and decided to try the "French tuning" method that a friend recommended. (Need to change the name!) Got done with the tuning process and re zeroed the bow out to 40 yards. Put the hellrazor on an arrow and let fly at 40 yards, bullseye.

The issue was about 1/16" of adjustment to the right on my arrow rest, now everything's awesome. Montecs and Buzzcuts still shoot to point of aim, so everything is awesome!

Jake
                        know that you moved your rest how are your arrows flying, do they wobble or they fly like they are suppose to fly STRAIGHT?

Comment

Originally posted by techunter View Post
                          You will have to re-tune your setup for THAT particular broadhead. Although good heads, those hellrazors are a longer point than you've been shooting and will fly a little different. If the montecs and buzzcuts are hitting same poi as field points, I don't think it's worth the change. Both are great heads, and it's too close to opening day to have any doubts about your equipment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X