No announcement yet.

Live from Woodbury County, Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm all set in the Barn stand! It is a chilly 25 degrees up on this hill! Hopefully GJ or I will get a shot at the bruiser Wade and I saw yesterday!

Comment

That dudes a brute! Hope one of you can stick him.

Comment

GJ has a monster 8 near him....he said "Im shaking like crazy"

Comment

close call with big 10 but no arrow flung....

Comment

WOOOT WOOTT keepem coming!!

Comment

Congrats Wade, Awesome Buck! Good luck to the Rest of the Guys!

Comment

Another exciting morning, but all things must come to an end. I do believe that there are a couple TBHer's now hooked on hunting the monarchs of the mid-west. They are having to get off stand to catch an early afternnon plane. Hopefully they will get a chance to re-cap all the events of the morning action.

Comment

Heck of a ride you took us on fellas - THANK YOU. Here's to safe travels back to Texas.

Comment

Had the beast at 30 yds behind a tree, while a 140in 8 is making a scrape on opposite end of the field. The big buck circled behind me then went up the hill into thicket. About quiting time I rattled and had an awesome young 8 come hauling tail up and circled behind me in the brush looking for a fight then walked right under me and made a scrape.

What an awesome trip with a great ending even thought I didn't take one. Had some brushes with some real brusiers and some awesome hosts.
                    Last edited by Skipshot; 11-15-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

It was exciting end to a great week! GJ sent out a message saying that he had the bruiser 10 that Wade and I saw yesterday in the brush! I was excited to know he was in the area! This was at 8:20. I was covered up with young bucks all morning! At 9:30 all I had wad the single doe that was eating at 90 yards! I sent our host Dan a text telling him to pick me up at 10:00! Shortly after I look down in the bottom and see a nice eight and the bruiser 10 from the night before was following up the hill! I then sent a message to give me some time! I grabbed my bow and patiently waited! After 5 minutes he appeared on the down hill side of the food plot about 70 yards! He walked into the brush and my brain was working over time trying to come up with a sound I could make to turn him around! Snort and Weeze is what came out! First one stopped him and the second one turned him around! I was at full draw and wishing he was going to come my direction! He exited the way he entered the food plot and that is when I knew the hunt was over! What a way to end the hunt! Maybe next year!

Comment

Wow guys....way to keep us on the edge of our seats over the last few days. Looking forward to the complete recap.

Comment

Exciting hunt, guys! Sounds like it ended on a high note for everybody! Congratulations on sealing the deal on the buck and doe, Wade! Good stuff!

Michael
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks for taking us along and have a safe trip home.

Comment

Good stuff guys. Have a safe trip home.

Comment

Congratulations Wade, beauty of a buck!

Very enjoyable coverage guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X