Flash Memory Camcorders(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Memory Camcorders(?)

I'm still using a Canon HV20 Mini-DV camcorder and would prefer to upgrade to a flash memory camcorder. The mini-dv camera makes a sound when it gears up and gears down when turned on and off.

Do flash memory camcorders make any noise when turned on/off? I would assume not since there should be no gears to spin a tape.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
    Do flash memory camcorders make any noise when turned on/off?
    Yes they do, just not as much.

Comment

My Sony is pretty quite. A slight dull click when you hit the power button, but that's never scared off any game for me. I am pretty good at finding a way to run them off on my own...

Comment

Best part about the flash drive is the shock resistance. Mine blew off a 20' windmill into a dry concrete tank, tripod in tow. My loud exclamation *#$@ alerted everything for miles, but the camera never missed a lick...Note: tie yourself off, AND your camera.

Comment

Which flash cams are better in low light?
          JVC HD
          Sony HD HandyCam
          These are the only 2 I been looking at the past 3 years and absolutely know nothing about the specs. They did get cheaper on the models I been watching. But that's only because technology has gotten better on newer models.
          Need Help understanding
          Like what ccd is, lens size and all the gibberish means between the cam models And battery life?
          I see some say optical zoom of 40x? Is that real lens zoom or digital garbage?

Can anyone help me out? Looking to spend no more then around $300 or less on one just to get into it and have decent results.

I been kinda leaning in JVC direction.
          But need someone to help me find out what one has better specs.
          Found this one with allot of extras today for $205.
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0052F9GCG/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=sr_1_5&s=electronics&qid =1322473633&sr=1-5

Another link incase that one is bad since it is using mobile link
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052F9GCG?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1
          Last edited by tx07; 11-28-2011, 04:11 AM.

Comment

They do when you open the screen only if it is a automatic lens cover that opens and closes when screen is opened or closed but they do have ones with the manual lens cover that you can buy also

Comment

One of the cameras I'm looking at uses a manual lens cover.

Can anyone help me on knowing what to look for on specs?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
                Which flash cams are better in low light?
                JVC HD
                Sony HD HandyCam
                These are the only 2 I been looking at the past 3 years and absolutely know nothing about the specs. They did get cheaper on the models I been watching. But that's only because technology has gotten better on newer models.
                Need Help understanding
                Like what ccd is, lens size and all the gibberish means between the cam models And battery life?
                I see some say optical zoom of 40x? Is that real lens zoom or digital garbage?

Can anyone help me out? Looking to spend no more then around $300 or less on one just to get into it and have decent results.

I been kinda leaning in JVC direction.
                But need someone to help me find out what one has better specs.
                Found this one with allot of extras today for $205.

Another link incase that one is bad since it is using mobile link
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ce-full-site=1
                I just recently bought a sony handycam dcr-sx45. Basically the same camera your looking at minus the HD. It has a 70x zoom and quality is still pretty good at full zoom. I love the camera so far. Only complaints are that it has an auto lens cover that makes a "click" sound when the camera is turned on/off (which has attracted the attention of a few deer) and that it is not the greatest in low light situations. However, at shooting time, I havent had any issues with the visibility.

Comment

go pro

Comment

Working...
                  X