Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Meradith

Anyone hunt around there?

I'd like to learn more about the place. I just heard about it on a podcast this week.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
      I'd like to learn more about the place. I just heard about it on a podcast this week.
      Which podcast?

There is another thread in here on Meredith. I hunt it almost every year. Pretty country. Tough hunting.

Comment

Better take you hiking boots. Lots of up and down! Also, a good pair of binos and a backpack to help carry out the meat if you are lucky enough to harvest a deer!
        Last edited by Flint knapper; 06-08-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I hunted whitetails there over Christmas last season. Its an awesome spot and stalk location. Like Flint Knapper said bring your boots and a good set of glass. I am going to try out mule deer this year and see what I can find.

Comment

Have thought about heading up there the past few years but haven't had a chance yet. Really going to try this season.

Comment

I have hunted there the last 5 years. Been 50/50 on mule deer. I have seen whitetails but never got one. Lots of other people hunt there too, just have to be willing to put in the miles and go where the others don't want to go. Saw more "hunters" there last year than ever before. Some of the toughest public hunting you will find in Texas. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkarcher159 View Post
                I have hunted there the last 5 years. Been 50/50 on mule deer. I have seen whitetails but never got one. Lots of other people hunt there too, just have to be willing to put in the miles and go where the others don't want to go. Saw more "hunters" there last year than ever before. Some of the toughest public hunting you will find in Texas. Good Luck!
                That's because it is getting more and more online attention than it ever did before.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  That's because it is getting more and more online attention than it ever did before.
                  Yup. The internet ruins public hunting.

Comment

never hunted it myself but the more people talk bad about it the more i wanna go if there is anything i have learned from public hunting its go and look for yourself and dont believe everything you here some times the worst it sounds the better it is not saying its not crowded but i would go see for myself and study maps

Comment

It's gotten much more crowded since the lake came up. Last year I hiked about 4 miles in only to see a boat pull up to the peninsula on the other side of the draw I was hunting and 4 hunters get dropped off and head south. Heard a shot from that direction about an hour later. When the lake was low, I never saw another hunter if I hiked 5+ in.

Comment

Working...
                      X