Arrow tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow tips

Im brand new to bow hunting and need some help and it seems kinda hard to get answers. I just bought a bow and it came with 6 arrows with field tips, for hunting can i just swap the field tips with broadheads or do i need to get a different arrow for them?

Just swap the field tips for broadheads.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
        Just swap the field tips for broadheads.
        ^^^ this, and try to get the same grain BHs as your field points and shoot the BHs to see where they hit compared to the field points

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
          ^^^ this, and try to get the same grain BHs as your field points and shoot the BHs to see where they hit compared to the field points

Forgot to mention that part.

Comment

what about the fixed blade BH vs the ones that open, is one better or is it just a personal preference type of deal?

Comment

Part personal preference and part purpose. I've heard that some mechanicals (the ones that open) have a difficult time shooting through mesh windows in deer blinds. Fixed blade broadheads do not. Some mechanicals can get a little higher in terms of cutting diameter and cutting surface. You're in the right place. This is a great sight with good people willing to share tons of information. I've still got my training wheels as well so from one learner to another, welcome to the green screen.

Comment

Originally posted by itsgood1308 View Post
                Part personal preference and part purpose. I've heard that some mechanicals (the ones that open) have a difficult time shooting through mesh windows in deer blinds. Fixed blade broadheads do not. Some mechanicals can get a little higher in terms of cutting diameter and cutting surface. You're in the right place. This is a great sight with good people willing to share tons of information. I've still got my training wheels as well so from one learner to another, welcome to the green screen.
                Thanks! yea im still new to the terminology as well lol. I keep going throug threads trying to learn all at once, any and all tips are helpful.

Comment

Get your self some slick trick 100 gr mags from member " arrowsmith" these are fixed blade heads and good ones at that. Right now try to eliminate anything that can fail ( like a mechanical head not opening ) where u located at? I'd help you out if you ever get around the kingsville area

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                    Get your self some slick trick 100 gr mags from member " arrowsmith" these are fixed blade heads and good ones at that. Right now try to eliminate anything that can fail ( like a mechanical head not opening ) where u located at? I'd help you out if you ever get around the kingsville area
                    Thats definitely good advice the simpler I can make it hopefully the better chance i have to put a decent shot on a deer. Im in Austin, and I appreciate the hospitality!

Comment

Working...
                    X