Seed ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed ticks

I got into a mess of seed ticks this past weekend. What does everybody else do to keep them off? I using bug spray, how does if effect the deer smelling it or is that secondary?

We use a non scented spary like Off or something equivalant.

FYI....we call them " sack ticks" b/c they start off on your feet or legs and make their way to your sack!!! LMAO!!!!!

Good luck with that! I hate those little bastages.

Luckey7

Comment

Thats about the only place they haven't gotten. Them little buggers itch like crazy.

Comment

Next time before you go out spray all your hunting clothes in Permanone. It is very good stuff and has no odor. Just don't spray it on yourself. Sometimes we also get an old coffee can and poke holes in the lid then fill it with Sevin dust. Use it like a shaker and shake the powder on the outside of your pants and boots. Another pretty odorless way to keep them little bloodsuckers off. I hate 'em too.

Comment

What is Permanone, and where do you get it?

Comment

Right beside the other sprays like Off, etc. Just make sure it says "Permanone" on the spray can. It looks just like the other insect products. What is it? It is a product made with permithrin (whatever that is) applied only to clothing. Bonds with clothing fibers and can last up to two weeks, even after repeated washings. Sold by Repel.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have used permanone and Uncle Sawyers. i prefer Uncle sawyers but both worked. I have seen permanone at wal mart academy and dicks. Uncle sawyers I have only found at dicks

Comment

Seed ticks, chiggers and mosquitoes

I will be glad when it gets cold enough to slow them all down

Comment

you can put flea collars around your boots or ankle. never done it before, but they say it works

Comment

anyone used the Dead Down Wind version of bug spray (unscented). Saw it as bass pro today and thought about getting it.

Comment

Anything with Permethrene in it is awesome. You spray it on your cloths and boots, let it soak in and you're good to go. I spray deep woods off on then dress up and you won't have any chiggers, ticks or 'skeeters!

Comment

Just get some powdered sulphur at the feed or garden store and dust your pants legs before you go out. Works great and cheap and non offensive to any thing but fleas ticks chiggers etc.

Comment

I decided to do a search before starting a new thread and found this thread on seed ticks. I am curious as to how many people have heard of seed ticks. I remember getting into them a few times as a kid, probably in the early 70's. But I think we called the sea or see ticks.

Talking to a co-worker today and he said he got into some this weekend. From what I recall, there would be swarm of them crawling up your leg and they are so small they just looks like little dots. I googled them today and apparently they are just the larval stage of regular ticks. I did not know that.

We always blamed (or credited ) fire ants for the big reduction in tick numbers. But they seem to be making a comeback.

Comment

Permethrin is a pesticide. It kills em. That’s why you can’t wear it on your skin.
                            I can’t recommend it enough.

Protect yourselves.

You don’t want to deal with Lyme’s

Trust me.

Comment

I'm not reccimending this.... Just putting it out there. One dose of ivomectin about may and you won't get a tick all summer and fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X