• Show
Clear All

Continued prayers

Comment

tagged

Comment

Good to hear!

Comment

Praying your son will get up every morning and do his best to do what God has in store for him.
          God bless you and your family for using tough love and standing your ground.
          Keep us updated on his progress as he steps out on faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Update: God has been so good to my family.

My oldest son is still drug free 3 years today. He married a beautiful Godly woman May 15, 2021, and they are now expecting our first granddaughter the 1st of March. He is actively involved in his church and has started a Golf ministry.

My youngest son also got married on May 1, 2021 also to a beautiful Godly woman and they are expecting our second granddaughter the first of April. They are also very actively involved in their church and work with kids through the Young Life Ministry.

Their Mother & I were divorced in 2013 and reconciled after 7 years and also got remarried in 2020.

I thank God everyday for the work he has done in the lives of my family and I can't wait to meet my grandchildren.

Comment

such great news!

God is good!

and congrats on the granddaughters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing all the way around! God is soooo great!

Comment

Appreciate you sharing this testimony - you never know how many people reading it will benefit from it in some way.

Comment

Thats awesome

Comment

Fantastic news

Comment

Awesome! Praise God!

Comment

Amazing!!!

Comment

A recurring theme in these stories of kicking addictions seems to be cutting ties with “friends” who do the same. I knew a guy once who used coke and after he stopped we talked one day for an hour or more about his addiction. When I asked him how he managed to stay away from it his answer was “I had to find some new friends who didn’t do drugs”. That’s very important. Reminds me of the old saying, “If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas”.

The Bible puts it into perspective: “Bad associations spoil useful habits.” Succinct, but oh so true !

Good for your son, and bless your family !

Comment

OP, congrats on your family situation and your son living 1 day at a time

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              A recurring theme in these stories of kicking addictions seems to be cutting ties with “friends” who do the same.

The Bible puts it into perspective: “Bad associations spoil useful habits.” Succinct, but oh so true !
                              I agree brother, another cliche'.... Birds of a feather flock together.

After I completed 30 days in treatment in January 1988, the counselor asked me what was my initial plan to stay sober ?

my reply: I'm going to hang out with my friends in the French Quarter.

He said: you will relapse so fast and likely end up back in treatment. I was offered an open bed at a half-way house in Lafayette where I've been for 30+ yrs. and still sober today.

Sadly, I've been a pall bearer and/or attended funerals for 8-10 HS using friends who either overdosed, took their own life, or died from cirrhosis. If you continue partying like a rock-star, it eventually catches up.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X