Now 7.8 Billion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckySWT[B
    ;14757410]Tough to do when we need stuff like groceries.
    And toilet paper.

My house isn’t the concern.

What’s so hard about everyone helping out and parking it for two weeks so our healthcare ppl can get on top of this.

Will this pass? Absolutely.

You can rebuild a business.
    You can find a new job. I know...Lymes cost me my teaching job in Feb.

You cannot bring someone back from the dead.

Stay home.

I’d rather be ridiculed for being too conservative on this and being overly cautious than be the guy that costs someone’s kids’ a father, or grandmother, etc.
    I'm really sorry you got Lyme disease. I truly am. But you say it is really hard for you to stay home because you need things like groceries. But it seems reasonable to you that everyone else in the country stays home, businesses are closed down, all school children are out of school for likely at least a month, many will lose their businesses, go bankrupt, and lose their homes.

Wouldn't it be more practical for you and other immuno compromised folks to just have your groceries delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
      Tough to do when we need stuff like groceries.
      And toilet paper.

What’s so hard about everyone helping out and parking it for two weeks so our healthcare ppl can get on top of this.

Stay home.

I’d rather be ridiculed for being too conservative on this and being overly cautious than be the guy that costs someone’s kids’ a father, or grandmother, etc.
      Just that simple huh? Lol

Just rebuild a business it took some a lifetime to build?
      Just find another job when the one you had was a well paying and you supported your family with it?

And for what? Because some people panic and blow things way out of proportion?

Glad it seems so simple for you.

Comment

Heb curbside.

I’m not saying don’t go grocery shopping.

Go out to the lake, go fishing, go for a walk outside.

But when they recommend staying away from groups of more than 10 and I see friends of mine having big parties at their houses....
        Well....that’s how this spreads.

It’s spreads by human contact.

So don’t contact humans for a cpl weeks and give the healthcare ppl time to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Just find another job when the one you had was a well paying and you supported your family with it?

I watched my dad die when his lungs filled up with fluid two years ago. Looked like a fish out of water, gasping for air. Not something I’ll ever forget.

That’s how this virus does it’s thing.
          You drown in your own sputum. And there’s nothing they can do to stop it.

You want to go out like that?

I don’t.

Run your business. Just stay away from large groups.

Comment

It’s just a virus that nobody on this planet has ever experienced.

That’s the big point.

There’s zero data bc this hasn’t run its course.
            Nobody truly knows anything bc there hasn’t been time to figure it out.

They need time. Once they do, this will be no big deal and life goes on. We will bounce back. We always do.

So stay home, love on your kids, have Faith in God that HE will get us through this, and give the people who are desperately trying to get this under control and save lives time to do their jobs.

But it’s that flippant view that is going to cost lives OR get us slapped w martial law. *see italy*

But I’ll take you up on that crawfish boil and if you’ll let me get off this disulfiram treatment for Lymes Disease in June.....I’ll even bring the beer. [emoji106]
            I hope you know I was being 100% sarcastic. I support your perspective 100%.

Comment

If this over runs the healthcare system it will be a lot more dying and not just from the corona. While all the nurses and doctors are treating the covid patients who tends to the heart attacks , auto accidents and all the other patients that come through on a normal day? Hospitals can only treat a certain number of people in a days time. Once they reach that number you have people dying in the halls. Since everyone likes a good western movie consider this. We are in a fort and surrounded by indians. We have 20 solders to defend the fort with. We can successfully fight off an attack by 50 indians. During one of those attacks we have 4 of our solders get wounded and cannot fight any longer . Now we can only defend against 40 indians at a time. We had some settlers next to the fort trying to help us defend it but they wanted to go back to work and to pick up supplies. Now it is left to the remaining solders to defend the fort but the indians seeing the opening decided to rush the fort all at once . The fort was over ran and a lot of solders and settlers were killed. The surviving settlers all cheered that they were alive and had plenty of fresh toilet paper. We do not want for the healthcare system to be over run because someone is inconvenienced. I understand it is bad for the economy but so was the great depression and dust bowl. Our parents and grandparents made it through it and we will make it through this. This virus is bad and is probably worse than we are being told. Please do your part in trying to slow the spread as much as possible. While there may be enough ventilators to go around now don't count on it in the near future. Add in a small rural hospital that may not have any ventilator and your chances went down drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

And yes
                I understand what it’s like to put your life into something and lose it all.

I’ve taught my whole career basically. 20 years.
                Now I’m out of a job because of a disease.
                My principal felt I was being lazy and not doing by job to the “best of my ability” because I have Lymes.

Not a business I built, but a lifetime put into a career of helping kids.......

But life goes on.
                There’s other jobs out there.
                I’d give all that up a hundred times over if it meant me starting healthy for my kids.

Comment

Now 7.8 Billion

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  I hope you know I was being 100% sarcastic. I support your perspective 100%.

[emoji6]

I’m gonna take you up on that boil too [emoji23]

Summer.

Once I’m off this treatment. No alcohol [emoji24]

Comment

Silvio Brusaferro, the president of Italy’s Higher Institute of Health, said on Friday that the average age of coronavirus victims was 80.3, with the majority having suffered underlying illnesses. The most common additional health issue was arterial hypertension followed by chronic heart disease, atrial fibrillation and cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      But Mexico is still showing 0 cases....
                      Mexico has had 82 confirmed cases and 4 deaths, leaving 78 active cases.

According to CSSE at JHU as of 2:53pm there have been 195,957 confirmed cases, 7,868 deaths and 80,840 recoveries. In the last 2.5 hours there have been 5,422 new cases, 349 deaths and 192 recoveries.
                      Last edited by C.Read; 03-17-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

The average life expectancy for 2019 is 78 years. The average age of a corona death is over 80 years old. Not that I don't care about old people. This is just some data to consider.

Comment

The latest numbers I'm seeing the death rate has gone up to 4% 7868/195957 = .0401

We are just dang lucky this virus didn't have a 30% to 40% death rate. This is a wake up call everyone. Something much more serious could come around and we need to know what to do to stop the spread.

Comment

I’m sympathetic to all of those more susceptible this, I really am. My folks are getting up in years, as are my inlaws. Dad had a full shoulder replacement 3 weeks ago, so he’s a little run down still...

But there are WAY to many ifs, buts, and possibilities out there for this level of panic. The numbers are all to incomplete.

What is easy to predict is that they are wrecking the global economy over it. Italy doesn’t give a ****, their economy was already in shambles. The US will pay for all of this for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                              The latest numbers I'm seeing the death rate has gone up to 4% 7868/195957 = .0401

We are just dang lucky this virus didn't have a 30% to 40% death rate. This is a wake up call everyone. Something much more serious could come around and we need to know what to do to stop the spread.

Those numbers are garbage, virtually no one has been tested. Too many exhibit no symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough to do when we need stuff like groceries.
                                And toilet paper.

Stay home.

Getting a teaching job is a lot different then rebuilding a business. That business that supports 30-40 other families.
                                Stay home, stay clear of people, quarantine yourself. You can get just about anything you need delivered to your door including groceries. If it's that bad I'm sure a family member can bring it to you. If need be suit up in a mask and protective gear and venture out. Make the decision based on your needs or disabilities, not expect everyone else to stop their lives just for the few.
                                Wash your hands regularly, stay out of everyone's personal space and limit your travel when appropriate. Pretty simple

Comment

Working...
                                X