86 yard bow shot on a javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 yard bow shot on a javelina!

A couple of weeks back, I got frustrated with a pair of Javelina that kept popping out and running deer off so I decided to deal with them.

While I was sitting in camp, messing with some arrows, one of the guys asked what I was doing. I told him I was fixing up some javelina arrows. After taking a couple of practice shots at 60 yards, I was ready to go.

About the time I got in my stand, one of the little pest's showed up at the feeder which is 86 yards. My plan was to try to get a shot at the 50-60 yard range but when this one showed up, I couldn't resist!

I dialed the single pin sight in to 86 yards, drew back and let er rip! It kinda caught me off guard when the arrow hit the intended target but it sure did a lot for my confidence!

It's pretty crazy to see how high the arrow traveled up before it started it's way back down towards the target.

The video is not that great because I had my phone held up on a piece of wire with a couple of clothes pins!

Curious, were you using an HHA single pin sight? Which one?

Comment

Nice shot! Did you recover?

Phone sideways always makes for a better video too..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Nice shot! Did you recover?

Phone sideways always makes for a better video too..
        No, I didn't recover him but I did find blood. Followed blood for a little ways but was not able to find him!

And if I had dreamed I was going to make an 86 yard shot, I would have brought my video camera. I figured, before I took this shot that I better have some kind of proof and never thought about turning it sideways!
        Last edited by Fling em; 01-21-2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
          Curious, were you using an HHA single pin sight? Which one?
          Yes sir, it's the HHA Optimizer 5519.

Comment

Hell of a way to treat a native game animal!

Comment

Heck, I cant shoot that good at 30yds

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
                No, I didn't recover him but I did find blood. Followed blood for a little ways but didn't feel like digging too deep into the South Texas brush, at night to find a javelina that I was going to drag off into the brush!

And if I had dreamed I was going to make an 86 yard shot, I would have brought my video camera. I figured, before I took this shot that I better have some kind of proof and never thought about turning it sideways!
                I’d probably delete this. Javelina is a game animal and wasting a game animal is against the law

Comment

No, I didn't recover him but I did find blood. Followed blood for a little ways but didn't feel like digging too deep into the South Texas brush, at night to find a javelina that I was going to drag off into the brush!

That's called wanton waste.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                    I’d probably delete this. Javelina is a game animal and wasting a game animal is against the law
                    What did I do that was illegal? I shot the animal but I didn't recover it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                      That's called wanton waste.
                      So it's wanton waste if we don't recover an animal?

Comment

What did I do that was illegal? I shot the animal but I didn't recover it!
                        Don’t delete it for all I care. Just trying to help. You must make a reasonable attempt at recovery. You admitted you didn’t look.

Comment

So it's wanton waste if we don't recover an animal?
                          Waste of Game
                          It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal, or fish and intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal, or fish in an edible condition. It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft (including unmanned aerial vehicles); on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                            Don’t delete it for all I care. Just trying to help. You must make a reasonable attempt at recovery. You admitted you didn’t look.
                            I wasn't being rude, I was asking a question.

Again, I never said I didn't look for it.

I agree, I should have probably put more thought into my reply!

Comment

I wasn't being rude, I was asking a question.

Again, I never said I didn't look for it.
                              Looks like you removed info from your post at 10:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X