No announcement yet.

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had about an inch in and around town. A report from Hext said half an inch, not sure about west of town. Will get a report later this morning.
    Lots of wind and lightning.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Hunted north of Mason last week. Acorns still dominant and bright moon. Deer are getting the corn cleaned up but still much less feeder activity than normal and much of it at night. Our target deer are not moving but I had a big surprise when we had a new deer show up that was hitting feeders more consistently than anything else on the property, so that is a strange scenario but I was able to harvest him on a trip that I thought would mostly be scouting. Headed back in two weeks and hoping the movement picks up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Heck of 8! The cooler temps seem to be coming. Opening weekend of rifle season seems to have a high in the mid to low 60s if the temps stay that way. We have had some guys on our lease pull cameras and have a few nice Axis on camera.

Comment

^^^
          Congratulations to you on a nice hill country 8 pt.!

Comment

Hunted Menard last weekend. The acorns on our place are ridiculous, saw a buck at one point stand for five minutes eating acorns off of a tree. I had a buck that I’ve been watching for the past three years finally show up while I was in the bow blind. He’s not the biggest deer in the world but he is the biggest whitetail I’ve harvested with my bow and I’m extremely happy with him. The history with this deer makes it that much more special. He carried his mass all the way out. The lowest mass measurement I got was 3 3/8. According to his jaw and our biologist he’s a five year old deer.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	8D8AB859-98C5-495E-928B-D94927A6E69B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	24596195

Name:	0AE2EB89-9DCE-4926-807C-E8773EDCD267.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	24596196

Name:	5F84380A-ABD4-4389-8A43-4689B7B3E306.jpeg
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	24596197

Comment

Heck of nice buck, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
                Hunted Menard last weekend. The acorns on our place are ridiculous, saw a buck at one point stand for five minutes eating acorns off of a tree. I had a buck that I’ve been watching for the past three years finally show up while I was in the bow blind. He’s not the biggest deer in the world but he is the biggest whitetail I’ve harvested with my bow and I’m extremely happy with him. The history with this deer makes it that much more special. He carried his mass all the way out. The lowest mass measurement I got was 3 3/8. According to his jaw and our biologist he’s a five year old deer.
                [ATTACH]977270[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]977271[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]977272[/ATTACH]
                Awesome deer! Congrats

Comment

Mason county

Hunted last weekend. Took a nice 9 point and a doe, son took a turkey. Turkey not as plentiful here as last year. Didn’t see any pigs. Deer look healthy. Seeing lots of 4 year old 8 points. Next year should be a bomb. Buck I got had a layer of fat on his back. It rained a little Sunday night. Practically every doe had a yearling with her. Lots of deer coming to corn. We hunt south west of Mason near the river.

Comment

wilcox---
                    Congratulations on the nice buck!

Comment

Mature hill country stud! Congratulations on tagging the buck on top of your hit list. That’s sweet success. Make room on your wall, he’s worthy.

Comment

Thanks everyone. These are the pics from the last couple years

Name:	8BDA6F6F-C363-4425-9F09-068C53B64F45.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	24596198

Name:	764ABF85-17EC-4891-979B-E04D4706E529.jpg
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	24596199

Comment

Congrats. Great job on a mature buck.

-john

Comment

Most of the county had about an inch of rain the night before last. It was 38 degrees yesterday morning and more rain predicted for Thursday.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

This will be my first year hunting down y’all’s way. Been in Wise Co since 2010, so really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to have a great moon with great weather. Who all headed out?

Comment

Working...
                                X