Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free for Someone

(Long Read)

The LORD has been working on me for a while now. Myself, I still have a ways to go and for others who GOD reveals to me that have a struggle with pride. Notice I didn't give pride any authority by capitalizing it. This may be one of the biggest struggles faced by people today.

In my generation I was raised to be a man as defined in the world and by the environment and times I lived in. This meant that failure wasn't an option, show no emotion, always find a way to make it or get it done, relying on no one, but yourself. It created my a facade that protected who I was and placed value in. The self I created was a self preserving, self reliant, selfish, do it on my own and my way kind of man. At least I thought that was being a man.

This view focuses totally on you. pride puts you in isolation where the enemy has you as a sole audience. Lies of the enemy are easier to hear and believe. I've seen this play out in my life, significant family member's and friends. Its a lonely place, where you close yourself off, and beat yourself up over short comings and failures, and makes you feel like no one can understand where you are or what you are going through.

We are human, built to fail by design. To fall and to rely on HIM. It started in the garden, its not just in your life. It will continue until HIS return. We are meant to struggle and to overcome through GODS grace and mercy. Through relationships with others and their stories. Through sharing. We were NEVER meant to do life on our own. We would never have had the chance for salvation or eternal life if GOD had not designed our relationship with HIM and each other in this way.

Recently a prayer was answered in the lives of my wife and I. We prayed for an answer. We stood strong in faith on his word and promises. Part of that is believing it will happen in his time not yours. So when the answer comes it is a true blessing orchestrated by GOD. It shouldn't be unexpected or understood in the ways of its fruition. Our faith was confirmed and the LORD showed true.

This caused me to reflect on myself, now as the receiver of a gift. A substantial gift. My pride flared up. I can't except this. I'm not worthy. I had to have help. I was forced to humble myself and to accept the blessing and grace GOD was showing me. Pride caused me to think I should reject this even though it was an answer to prayer. How flawed is that? To reject HIS works and those of others. I can say without doubt that is so much more difficult to be on the receiving end that the giving end.

I thought it was difficult to humble myself to even share my struggle with others. To let someone in to my private life, to know my secrets, those things that kept me in that place I was in and didn't allow me to be free. But when the gift came so did the deeper lesson in humility.

So I wanted to share this verse. Matthew 18:4. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. GOD hates pride in us and will discipline those who are prideful. I personally don't want to be in a prideful place much less be punished for it on top of what pride already gets you. The bible says the meek are the strong.

Exemplify the humility of CHRIST in your life today. Don't let fear, doubt, or the feeling of being unworthy hold you captive. This goes for any area of your life where you struggle. Relationships, Finances, Addictions or your Faith. Don't be captive until you reach the end of you. Until you reach the bottom and the only option is to look up.

Don't let your pride define or limit you. Let it be the catalyst for growing and becoming the you GOD created you to be. The best version of you that you can be. Recognize your true identity in HIM. He has your best interest at heart above all others. You are chosen, loved, a child of the most high, A prince or a princess, an heir to the throne.

It seems when I try to do things on my own it rarely yields the best results even with the best of intentions. But, when I put HIM first and let him guide me to the outcome it is better than I could have ever imagined or planned. You don't have to do it alone. You are never alone. HE is with you always. I would rather be a child in his eyes than a man in the eyes of the world. I went through and Identity crisis. I thought I was preserving me when I realized the crisis was not being who I was called to be.

The change for me has been difficult. To understand how pride affects myself and others is a revelation in ways I never imagined. How it limits GODS role in my life and those I love and hold dearest to my heart. Pride makes it difficult to even put this out there knowing it will be scoffed at, rejected, criticized or even dismissed. But HE goes before me and I know that this is meant for someone out there to read. HE laid down the ultimate sacrifice as a show of his love for us. Not just for our sins but to bear the burden, to make the yoke lighter.

Let go of your pride and humble yourself unto the LORD. Be willing to ask for help and accept it when it comes. It will change your life and set you free.

God Bless and Prayers up.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Buckslayertx; 04-08-2019, 01:29 PM.

Really want to read this. Tagged for later. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

amen brother...……...letting go of pride is extremely hard to do and impossible without the grace of God.

Comment

Awesome testimony Brother Mike.

Comment

Good read...Thank you for posting!

Comment

I really enjoy reading and learning from these post, thank you sir!

Comment

Pride has killed many a man and woman. Good word!

Comment

I needed to hear that. Thank you

Comment

Man this describes the last five weeks of my life to a T.

Comment

Thank you brother for being transparent. Keep praying and keep sharing. I love your testimony.

Comment

God is great! Thanks for the testimony! It’s hard to open up and share but it is great to hear. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        Man this describes the last five weeks of my life to a T.
                        Sounds like most of my life.

OP, thanks so much for sharing.

Comment

Thanks so much for posting this...definitely a place I've been before (and often return to), and I'm about to start working on a project that touches on pride. I think this may be God nudging me towards a certain path.
                          Again, thank you!

Comment

Amen.... great stuff! Thanks for sharing. Pride has also been my biggest struggle in life and will rear its ugly head in a hurry the minute that I fail to die to self. I can very much relate to this post.

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing. I know it’s easy to question whether or not to share, but I can tell you that your message is one of the best I have ever heard. God is speaking through you and I know the message is being heard. Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                              X