Chamber Vacs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chamber Vacs

After having a processor take 7 months to get my Nebraska mule deer and 1 white tail buck meat back, only for it to be soured and spoiled, I'm going back to doing my own.. I don't mind waiting but I want MY meat back in the same shape that I took it... After being burnt by 3 different processors I'm done with that silliness.

Anyway Who makes the best chamber vac??

So several years ago Czechgrubworm bought one from pleasant hill grain.co
    I had been listening owing at the Ary vp215
    This is their review of the DMc
    Sure Ryan,
    I had just about researched these machines to death, as I usually do with any higher end purchase. I had decided to go with the vp-215. Then I saw that Ary had a model with dual sealing bars, which allows one to seal two bags at once. How cool, what a timesaver. But, it was way past my budget at $1700 or so. So I waited. And waited. Finally decided to pull the trigger on the VP215. Opened the PHG site, and voila, there it was. A new offering, the DMC with dual bars, for a little less than the 215 with free shipping. I was a little skeptical, so the research started again. Did not take long to make the decision, because the specs on the pump were the same as the Ary. Also offered a chamber with a concave bottom to allow sealing bulkier items. So I took a chance and ordered. I was pleasantly surprised when read the maintenance sheet, as it covered both brands. I suspect both these machines Are built in the same factory, just a better price on the DMC. Maybe it's an introductory thing, who knows. At any rate, I absolutely LOVE this machine! If you do your own processing, believe me, this is money well spent. When sealing two bags at once, it is hard to keep up with the machine. It is usually done before I can get the next two bags filled and labeled, a true production process. I think I would have been happy with the VP 215, that is until I saw someone using one of these new models! Angie has a pro/con review I did a while back, she could share that with you if she has not done so already.
    Good luck with your decision, and feel free to ask any questions, I am happy to help.

Comment

With that we are planning to buy my mother in law the DMC for Christmas and will be my next big purchase.

Comment

I have the VP210 and it is a workhorse. Best sealer I have ever used/owned. We did 325 bags of link sausage one after the other back to back with no problems. I will say if I had seen the one with two seal bars that Aggie PhD is talking about I would have that one.

Comment

I bought a VP215 last year and couldn't be happier. It's well made, fast and the bags are way cheaper. We did around 1,000 lbs or more this year with about 400 of that being individually packed buckstix. I have it on a roll cart in the kitchen and end up using it almost daily. Me likey.

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas.

Comment

I'd save the money and mooch it off Texantax when you need it. At least that's my plan.

Comment

ESP has purchased one as well. We have had no issues or trouble with the one we have. We use it a lot.... Lots of game and fish....

Comment

I honestly dont see how folks can afford to pay for processing these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                      So several years ago Czechgrubworm bought one from pleasant hill grain.co
                      I had been listening owing at the Ary vp215
                      This is their review of the DMc
                      Good lord. I just looked at this on the computer. I copied and pasted this on my phone last night. I am not sure what in the heck this even means

I thought that the conversation with Angie was the best review I had seen about the lower cost commercial chamber sealers.

My plan was to buy one for us this fall. But I just bought a walk in freezer, that I got a steal of a deal. So my chamber sealer funds went poof.

Angie, how old is your machine now?

Comment

Going on three years

Comment

I've got a Vacmaster VP215. It's a great unit.

Comment

I have been looking at this option for a while now and was about set on the VP215 until I read this. I had never even heard of the DMC model. I found the VP215 for $689, if anyone can fin either of these cheaper a lead would be greatly appreciated. Being hooked on quality gear is tougher when taking a break from working.

Thanks,
                            JC

Comment

Checking one more time before I spend to much money...

Comment

Working...
                              X