Need help with brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with brisket

I will be cooking a brisket this weekend. H ow long do you cook and what rubs do you use?

I do roughly 1 hour per pound (subject to change during cooking) at about 275 - 300 degrees, and I found that HEB's brisket rub works really good for me, and then I make a basic mop: lemons, onions, garlic, oil, water, salt worschetsire (sp.) to mop on through cooking, I cook it fat side up first ( for a while) at a low temp initially to get the meat's core temp even with the outer temp then I move it up to the 275-300 range for the duration.. Make sure the beer is cold and the music is good, Good Luck and I hope this helps you out. Remember don't rush it!! it takes time
    Last edited by GarrettH; 03-02-2007, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Lots of ways but always start with at least a 18 pack of your favorite.

cook fat side up. After about 6 hours check the internal tempature and when it gets 165 it is time to wrap in heavy aluminum foil. Cook til internal tempature gets to 295. Pull it off and let it rest for at least 2 hours before cutting. I let mine rest in an ice chest without Ice in it.

Rubs are all preference.

I use lots of cracked pepper, season salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and then add light brown sugar until I get the taste Im looking for and then add more cracked pepper.

Comment

o ya use glen's BBQ sauce recipe

Comment

Garrett - glad you like the sauce- It sure is better than anything I could find in the store and its actually quick to make. I make it on top of my firebox most of the time while Im sitting outside and it ends up with all kinds of xtra beer and tequilla in it. Im getting in the mood to cook now.

Comment

Ya I am in the cooking mood after this brisket thread started, and yes your sauce is awesome like I said I won't ever buy sauce again.... I added tequilla to my batch

Comment

Thank's for the input. I think I will try Glen's sauce it sounds good! Do any of you inject your brisket with anything?

Comment

I have before but I like to do it with just the rub and mop, like glen said about the rub being a preference, it is the same with injection, it is completely preference you just have to experiment. Let us know how it turns out!!!

Comment

Thanks for everybodies advice it had been awhile since I had done a brisket and they turned out really good. The best part was the sauace I used Glen's recipe and it was some really good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X