My first blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first blind build

Neighbor was kind enough to let me have free reign to build him blind. Nothing spactacular, but pretty much built right out of my head and it's my first one so I'm pretty happy. He's happy too. Breaks down to 5 panels plus the base so we can take it to the lease in my truck and assemble the whole thing with just a cordless driver. Gonna paint it at his lease.

Good job and nice sticker on the back of your truck!!!

Comment

Great looking blind! Is that Hardi-board or t-111 siding? I like the break down design, but how do you take the roof on/off? Would like to see pics if possible.

br

Comment

good job

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorider View Post
          Great looking blind! Is that Hardi-board or t-111 siding? I like the break down design, but how do you take the roof on/off? Would like to see pics if possible.

br
          That is just primed sofit siding from lowes. Pretty ridgid and fairly light weight. Those 2x2 frames run the perimiter of the sides, front and back panel. We put up all 4 walls then heave the roof on top. There is a 2x2 frame running around the ceiling botton that just locks right in agains the ones on the walls. We just run 3" deck screws through the frames and it locks everything down.

Too late to take more pics. Broke everything down and put it in storage for a few weeks until we can get to the lease.

Comment

Man that is sweet. How do you break down the walls? I was thinking that if I ever built another one I would have studs that come up from the floor and bolt the walls on there and then join em someway at the top.

Comment

Nice blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                Man that is sweet. How do you break down the walls? I was thinking that if I ever built another one I would have studs that come up from the floor and bolt the walls on there and then join em someway at the top.
                Everything is just 3" deck screws. Sides screw to the front and back, all frames screw to the floor. The whole idea is that 2 men can assemble it on a single cordless drill charge. I'll take an extra battery just in case

Comment

Good looking deer stand and you did a really good job for your first.

Comment

Comment

I am doing my first blind build. I did kinda the same thing as far as panels. I could actually put it up by myself in about 30 minutes if I didnt have help. When I finish on this hitch and finish the blind, I will get some pics and post it on here. Great job.

Comment

Working...
                      X