Good Dove Marinate??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Dove Marinate??

I have always given my dove away to friends, therefore I have never cooked any. I know all about the wrapping in bacon and cream cheese, but I want to know of a good marinate. Something to take the game out of them. I have ate dove that we cleaned and then put on the grill, and needless to say it wasnt good. What kind of options do I have with dove and how long do leave them in it?

Try some Fisher and Wieser (brand) Rasberry Chipolte and brush it on 20-30 minutes before you grill them.

Comment

i like soakin em in a bowl of honey before chicken frying them, yummmmmy

Comment

The best thing I have ever found to use is Jalapeno juice. I save all of mine for this reason throughout the year. As soon as I get enought dove breast, and have filleted them off the bone. I marinate them for a day or two in it, and then cook them like that, or wrap in bacon with cheese and a sprig of cilantro.
        -crb

Comment

Try soaking them in butter milk for a few hours. The other thing is to make sure you do not over cook them. I wrap with thin bacon so it can get somewhat crispy without overcooking the dove to get the bacon done, them pull em and eat em. I also suggest taking the breast off the bone to create small medallions to wrap and cook.

Comment

I prefer to soak in water overnight, which draws alot of the blood out, then marinate for a couple of hours in italian dressing. Brand doesn't really matter nor does the amount of time as the meat doesn't really absorb much of it. Then on the grill wrapped in bacon with a slice of onion and a slice of japenlo.

Comment

Tiger Sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Tiger Sauce.
                Heath speaks the truth.

Comment

I use Paul Newmans Italian dressing

Comment

Use cedar board

Comment

Balsamic vinegar/fresh orange juice/ tiger sauce mix. Skewer and grill to med. rare.

Comment

We smoke ours and they turn out great. Inject each breast with "Creole Butter" from Cajun Injector Seasonings. Smoke for 3-4 hours at 225 degrees or until the breast is 170degrees. Baste with bbq sause or your favorite moppin sauce. This works great with quail too!

Comment

Dr. Pepper or Coke for 30-45 minutes - then season and grill.

Comment

I like to cut the two breast pieces off the bone. Then marinade them in italian marinade (doesn't really matter what marinade you use but I normally go with the lawrys 30 minute marinade). Then get two pieces of breast throw a jalapeno inbetween them and wrap'em in bacon and throw em on the grill til the bacon is cooked! Yummy!!! I'm savin my dove for cookin openin weekend of deer season!!

Comment

I have always made a marinade of Claude's brisket marinade and Spicy Italian dressing and a touch of Woestrershire sauce, then I put in a sliced Jalapeno and wrap with pepper bacon and let then sit in the marinade for about 2 hours, then grill till bacon is done. Tastes like sirlon. Last year down south we cooked up a mess of doves like this but fileted off the bone and the next morning I made dove and egg tacos. Everyone loved them but I didn't tell the women what the meat was, They thought it was left-over steak.

Jared

Comment

Working...
                              X