john hinckley freed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

john hinckley freed?

- John Hinckley Jr., who wounded U.S. President Ronald Reagan and three other people in a 1981 assassination attempt prompted by his mental illness, should be freed after 35 years and released to live with his mother, a federal judge ruled on Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge Paul Friedman said Hinckley, 61, no longer posed a danger to himself or others and could be released from St. Elizabeth's, a government psychiatric hospital in Washington, as soon as Aug. 5.

Wow

Comment

Guess the anti psychotics finally kicked in!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Guess the anti psychotics finally kicked in!!! LOL!
        Or the MKUltra finally wore off.

Comment

i'm confused on this one.... nothing new really.

Comment

Maybe the Clinton campain will hire him

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Maybe the Clinton campain will hire him
              His family is wealthy..........doubt money will be an issue...........his brain cells are a HUGE issue though.!

Comment

Surprised but not shocked in today's world.

Comment

Wonder what Jodie Foster will tell him to do first.....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Wonder what Jodie Foster will tell him to do first.....
                    LOL...........she came out gay a few year ago.............guess that infatuation is over!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      LOL...........she came out gay a few year ago.............guess that infatuation is over!!!
                      Just a few years ago????? I guess she knew a lot later than the rest of us. I could tell she was gay in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Just a few years ago????? I guess she knew a lot later than the rest of us. I could tell she was gay in the 80s.
                        LMAO......my GAY meter is not as tuned as it should be when it comes to females!!! Such a waste from a female perspective.

Comment

Meanwhile, back to your regularly scheduled outrage over an attempted assassin being set free upon society ....

Was slightly confused when hearing this, thinking that he would now be sent to prison to serve more time on a sentence, since he is now cured of mental illness and able to comprehend the wrongness of his previous actions. However, a little research showed that he was found "not guilty" by reason of insanity; therefore, no prison, no ability to re-try due to double jeopardy laws. Further, this case sparked such outrage that most laws regarding insanity defenses were changed -- with many states allowing later imprisonment (once deemed accountable) for someone convicted of commission of a crime but found to be impaired mentally at the time of the act.

Comment

Working...
                          X