Tundra question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra question

I want to put a leveling kit on my 2014 Tundra so that I can run a 305 tire instead of the 285's that I have now. The guy at the pickup outfitter place told me that the level kit would actually make the front end a little higher than the rear.

Has anyone here had this done and were you happy with the look?

Thank you.

yes I did a leveling kit at dealership on my 2011 Tundra - the front end is SLIGHTLY higher - it is only detectable when they use equipment to measure you cannot tell with the naked eye - it was not worth it to me to pay to even out the back end as you cannot see the difference

Comment

I have a 2014 double cab 4x4 and mine has a 3" in the front and a 1" in the back. Rough Country is the name of the lift. I am very pleased with the look and the ride. It sits level with this lift. I will also go to 305's when i wear out these tires. Just doing the front it might be alittle bit higher in front.

Comment

Originally posted by hog wild View Post
        I have a 2014 double cab 4x4 and mine has a 3" in the front and a 1" in the back. Rough Country is the name of the lift. I am very pleased with the look and the ride. It sits level with this lift. I will also go to 305's when i wear out these tires. Just doing the front it might be alittle bit higher in front.
        Your situation seems to be the common practice that I am finding on line.

Thank you.

Comment

I have recently installed Blisten 5100's on the middle setting for a leveled look on my 11 Tundra DC. I wanted level but didn't have a need to raise the overall height.The 5100's raised my front 1.75". I made no change to the rear and like the way the truck sits and rides.

Just FYI- I ran 305/50/20 on the factory wheels and no lift with no issues, scrapping or rubbing for 70kmiles. Not sure what profile height you are looking for, as that will have a larger impact on fit. If you are wanting 305/55/20 then you probably want to look at a 3" front and 1" rear lift.

Comment

Here's mine back when I had a RC 3"X1.5" leveling kit on 35's.

Comment

Did you go by Shades on Hewitt drive and talk to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                Did you go by Shades on Hewitt drive and talk to them?
                No, I went to Pickup outfitters on Lake air. They have always done my work and done a good job. I didnt know about the place you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick View Post
                  I have recently installed Blisten 5100's on the middle setting for a leveled look on my 11 Tundra DC. I wanted level but didn't have a need to raise the overall height.The 5100's raised my front 1.75". I made no change to the rear and like the way the truck sits and rides.

Just FYI- I ran 305/50/20 on the factory wheels and no lift with no issues, scrapping or rubbing for 70kmiles. Not sure what profile height you are looking for, as that will have a larger impact on fit. If you are wanting 305/55/20 then you probably want to look at a 3" front and 1" rear lift.
                  I decided to do the 305/50/20 tires with a 2.5" level kit in the front and nothing in the rear.

Comment

Well let's see some pics!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                      Well let's see some pics!
                      Parts are ordered, should have it all done next Wednesday.

Comment

I have a 2015 with RC 3" x 1.5 leveling kit I run 34x11.5x20s with a 4.5 backspace.

Comment

Working...
                        X