Clear All

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
    I agree Randy!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
      I've seen some major decomp in 1.5-3 days, very major
      Quit wounding deer.

Comment

I only know what wounding a deer looks like from others...Humans is what I'm referring to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          I was told the Bible is a fable
          A hoax picture doesn't help prove it's not a fable
          The ramifications of it potentially NOT being a 'fable' seem extraordinarily dire to simply take the word of someone else that it is a fable.
          I would highly recommend that you personally investigate the veracity of Scripture before relegating it to the category of 'fable'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
            If you read about the Shroud, perspiration stains 2,000 years ago would not explain the image- which had portions of the shroud that were not in direct contact with His body.

All the analysis and examination by world-class experts in their fields can not explain how it was created permanently in the linen cloth fibers.

A matter of faith.

There are certainly a lot of spiritual issues for which 'believing is seeing'. And I find many of the arguments for/against the Shroud as very compelling.
            However, whether or not the Shroud is genuine, or whether a certain church has one of Peter's actual toenails, or a splinter from the cross, etc. - those things have absolutely zero influence on my faith.
            But - the reality of the resurrection? That's where my faith rests.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
              So Jesus, a middle eastern Jew, looked like a white dude from western Europe?
              Got a pic of a dude from western Europe from around that time we can compare to?

Comment

edit .not worth it

Comment

I'm always amazed at how angry and ****** off the atheists seem to be at the Christians.
                  If atheists are so strongly convinced there is no God, why would someone else's belief to the contrary even matter to them?

Christians, on the other hand, tend to pray for the atheists.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                    So Jesus, a middle eastern Jew, looked like a white dude from western Europe?
                    had to make sure he was marketable,if you go to the Vatican
                    the black Jesus originals are in the basement

Comment

100%TtId you are 100% right

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                        I'm always amazed at how angry and ****** off the atheists seem to be at the Christians.
                        If atheists are so strongly convinced there is no God, why would someone else's belief to the contrary even matter to them?

Christians, on the other hand, tend to pray for the atheists.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Yes, same as the left wingers. I don’t hate them. They hate me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                          Yes, same as the left wingers. I don’t hate them. They hate me.

Ironically there is generally significant overlap between the 2 groups

Or maybe there is no irony there at all

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            We were in Turin a few years ago and went to the cathedral where the shroud is kept...in secure, temperature controlled vault. We were able to see a replica of the shroud, and I will tell you it was a moving experience! I have no idea if it is real, but I certainly believe it is.

I was lucky to see it when the Pope had it on display several years ago, after studying it in school (textiles degree). After seeing it, reading the scientific research, especially the textile dating, I believe it’s real. It was amazing to me how close you could walk up to the shroud (albeit it was encased in a glass vault). I highly recommend seeing it if they have it on display again.

Comment

Originally posted by MKH View Post
                              I was lucky to see it when the Pope had it on display several years ago, after studying it in school (textiles degree). After seeing it, reading the scientific research, especially the textile dating, I believe it’s real. It was amazing to me how close you could walk up to the shroud (albeit it was encased in a glass vault). I highly recommend seeing it if they have it on display again.

Agreed.

Comment

Praying for those who posted on this thread. Some of you, I have been praying for a number of years now. It's hard for me to not get upset when I read some of your responses but the good news is God is full of grace and unimaginable love for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X