Mysterious Rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mysterious Rattle

I have a Hoyt CrX 32 and for the first tine ever I am hearing a slight rattle or twang when I shoot. I have tightened up all of the nuts and bolts and was assuming it might be an issues with the Cams. Any ideas would be appreciated. Probably taking it to On target to get it looked at this weekend but just wanted to make sure I wasnt overlooking something minor.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you mention that you have tightened everything up. But I would go back over it. Maybe check the string stop rod if it has one. Quiver mounting bracket and loose module screws. I’ve had rattles from all those mentioned.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will check again. It sounds like it is around the cams when I tap on it but maybe I can find something. Need to get it in order before the season starts.

Comment

Similar issue on my Reezen turned out to be the idler, so cam gets my vote

Comment

Try holding the bow lightly on the grip and gently bang up and down the riser and limbs. A lot of times it will duplicate, it’s hard to zero in on it when your behind the bow. Could be a loose mod fastener, on the sight or rest etc...

I’m not a fan of loctite on bows so I use bow string wax. I just put some on the threads then run them back down. It’s done wonders for things loosing up and if I ever need to get them out I don’t have to worry about stripping anything.

Comment

My Elite Hunter quiver bracket does this to me. Just takes a slight turn with the Allen wrench.

Comment

Most rattles come from modules and sights

Comment

I had a very light rattle on my Assassin, turned out it was the heat shrink on the stop button thing on the cam loose. Hit it with a little heat to shrink it and I stopped hearing it

Comment

Check for loose Eclips.

Comment

well, did you find it?!

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X