Any machinists up to a project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any machinists up to a project?

I used to be able to buy arrows with footed shafts and nocks from a fellow, but he's no longer making them. He did show me the jigs he used, and I'd like to try making some more footed shafts. I have pictures of my last few arrows, I'll post them when I get home. They're cedar shafts with purpleheart on the both ends.

Here's a mechanical drawing of what it looked like. It could be aluminum, but it would be better in steel since the cutting surfaces for a thin hobby saw would last longer. There is a correspondingly smaller one that cuts the wedge at a steeper angle for the nocks.

Anybody want to build 2 and I'll settle-up with you for the cost of one for me?

Dang, that mechanical drawing does not look bad for Power Point done with skills I learned in drafting classes in highschool 30+ years ago!

I found somebody, turns out he has 8 old recurves and has not shot in years, wants to get back into archery, plus teach his girlfriend. I think I'll be trading archery lessons and maybe some pig meat for the machine shop fabrication!

Comment

Lucky guy aint ya!....but that is a cool jig!

Comment

Working...
      X