? For those using Kamados, BGE etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? For those using Kamados, BGE etc..

Do you find that your cook times are generally shorter? I put a 12.25 lb brisket on at 1:30 am, expected 15-16 hour cook. It’s at 200 now and pretty probe tender everywhere but the middle of the flat. I had more temp fluctuations than usual, but average temp was probably 235. This isn’t the 1st time a cook has been short.

Looks like we are having brisket for lunch instead of dinner, hope the ladies can get the potato salad and beans ready in time!
    Last edited by Playa; 06-16-2018, 07:50 AM.

Yes it is faster.............

Comment

I’m a rookie at it but I will tell you every smoke I’ve done on the egg regardless of it being a brisket or butt is always pretty dang fast.

Comment

Turned out great, not a lot of talking around the table

Click image for larger version

Name:	62A510B9-6B09-4BD5-8D15-00C14125665F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	24542870
        No Texas crutch this try. Worked great without wrapping during the stall, better crust, in my opinion.

Separated the flat from the point, cooked the flat a bit more and chopped up the point for burnt ends and chopped sandwiches later.

Sliced the flat

Click image for larger version

Name:	3D6D15FB-8D7B-48C8-9CEC-E096855D62B3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	24542871

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks great

Hope the one I have on the BGE now comes out that good

Comment

I put one on my BGE Sunday at 9:45 in the morning, temp stayed at 225 (within 10 degrees) I pulled it because everyone needed to get in bed at 8:45 the internal temp was only at 170ish when I pulled it.. did you use the heat deflector thing??

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                I put one on my BGE Sunday at 9:45 in the morning, temp stayed at 225 (within 10 degrees) I pulled it because everyone needed to get in bed at 8:45 the internal temp was only at 170ish when I pulled it.. did you use the heat deflector thing??
                Yes, but the Acorn deflector has much wider gaps than vision, Kamado Joe or BGE

Comment

Yes a lot shorter

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X