North Zone opener! (bow or shotgun?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Zone opener! (bow or shotgun?)

I'm getting excited about Saturday morning! It will be a quick trip - gotta be back home for Easter Sunday - but I always enjoy opening morning of spring turkey season. Pleasant weather, wildflowers starting to pop and everything is bright green. I'm off Friday so hopefully that evening I can put some to roost. For the last week I have been getting weird looks at stoplights as I use my driving time as an opportunity to practice with my diaphragm call. Who is headed out this weekend? Will you be taking a scattergun or just your bow? If I can lay one out with the 12 gauge on Saturday I will hunt the rest of the season with my recurve. ( I still have not killed a turkey with trad gear.) Hoping to see a lot of gobbler LDPs!

Scatter gun, mostly because i'll be with my son and he wants to shoot one.

Comment

I will be waiting for Monday to go hunting. Son is coming in and I am taking 2 days off to try and call him in a few gobblers to shoot. Probably will be bow only. Will either go to the ranch or head to a friends place in Stonewall county.

Comment

Bow for me in Archer county. I saw 9 gobblers with 9 hens last weekend. And then several gobblers by themselves. Ought to be a good opener

Comment

Bow. Except it will be fantasy hunting for at least the next two weeks as I have to celebrate last Tuesday's hip replacement surgery. Hopefully, I'll be sobered up by the time the Masters wraps up and be able to hunt that following week.

Comment

Both will be in my pop up with me.

Comment

Bow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

22 magnum

Comment

I got away from my bowhunting turkeys the last 3-4 years but having JFT (ClayW) and his Dad out last year hunting over decoys with a bow rekindled that drive. My shotgun is staying at home this first weekend and hopefully all season at our place. Popup was pulled out to make sure it is still in working order and decoys dusted off. I'm ready to see some struttin' and hearing some drummin'....and stick a good Tom.

Comment

It’s about the experience, camping, shed hunting, pig hunting and hunting with a friend.
                    Call and kill a bird at 20 yards with a shotgun or bow and have fun.
                    I challenge myself by hunting with on the ground. No blind.

Comment

I have guided lots of folks the past 5 years and Saturday will be going out solo with bow only! Good luck to all going out this weekend!

Comment

I just wish we had turkeys out here

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be using a shotgun. Friday I’ll be rifle hunting axis, and hopefully I can call in a gobbler on Saturday. Leaving Saturday evening

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                            I just wish we had turkeys out here

If you are in Sumner you should have Easterns all over you.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                              If you are in Sumner you should have Easterns all over you.
                              I hunt NE Lamar and the particular farm I hunt has no turkeys

Comment

Working...
                              X