Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much feed are you dispersing...and how often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much feed are you dispersing...and how often?

How many seconds of feed are your timers set to and at what times of the day?

Do you make any timer adjustments to the above as season changes?

Running 20 seconds twice a day at two locations in my pasture.
    7:15 am and 5:45 pm. Will adjust times for daylight savings.

Comment

Ran 3 seconds all off season, now running 8 seconds. Morning and evening. I think evening right now is like 6:45- can’t remember morning set but a bit after sunrise I think

Comment

During deer season and about a month before my feeders are set to throw about 15 minutes before sunrise for 8 seconds, 1.5 hours before sunset for 8 seconds and at dark for 8 seconds. During the off season, they throw at sunrise for 5 seconds, at dark for 10-12 seconds and a hour after dark for 10-12 seconds. I adjust them about every two weeks to a month. I do a lot of hog hunting and that's why they throw at dark and after dark and our deer don't really use the feeders much in the off season and that is why I don't have a evening feed time for the deer and by not having a feed time for the evening keeps the pigs from coming in too early when it's extremely hot out. This way when I hog hunt I don't have to get in my stand until the sun is going down.

Comment

amount you feed is more dependent on the spacing of the spinner plate and funnel than the time the motor runs

Comment

I think it depends on your timer and spinner plate. Mine only runs 8 sec on med spin and chunks out a good bit of corn. I used to have one that ran for 15sec on high and put it the same amount.

Comment

Feed amount is better based on lbs per week or month vs time considering spinner plates, etc

Comment

10 feeders throwing 6-8 seconds pm and 2-3 seconds am

Comment

We set ours to empty in 3-4 weeks during season and 6-7 weeks during off season. Some feeders this is 4 seconds twice a day, others it is 7 seconds twice a day during season. All feeders set to 2 seconds twice a day during off season.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I feed 6 seconds at 7:15am and 5:40pm. We go thru right at 50lbs per week for each feeder.

Comment

7:15 am and 5:00 pm 10 seconds per spin. 4 ,500 lb feeders , fill every 4 weeks.

Comment

7 seconds 7:15 AM and 4:30 PM

Comment

TJ feeder, plate half way down, set at medium RPM for 10sec. twice a day. Goes through 350#s in about 40 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
                            Running 20 seconds twice a day at two locations in my pasture.
                            7:15 am and 5:45 pm. Will adjust times for daylight savings.

Holy crap! That’s the longest I’ve ever heard...my corn budget would be gone in a no time

Comment

10 seconds in the morning and 10 in the evening. As stated earlier depends on feeder spacing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X