new cuisine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new cuisine

Ok a guy at my job has been getting his chicken pen robbed. I loaned him a large live trap. he used the live chicken and caught 3 bobcats. I was happy for him and he invited me over to retrieve my trap. he had gone 2 weeks with no more cats getting caught. while I was there he offered me some jerky. mind you he has had my trap for about 3 months. he is a hunter and I just assumed ( I know I know). so I ate the jerky and I be a monkey's uncle it was good. actually real dang good. so he lets me in on that it was the bobcat after I consumed nearly 8 pieces. he is from Virginia and said they eat them. I was in a slight panic mode. it was good. anyone else eat a bobcat? I really dont know how to express it but it kinda freaked me out but it was good!

Yes they are really good to eat... mountain lion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
      Yes they are really good to eat... mountain lion as well.
      I will have to agree on the bobcat. I was really surprised. He didnt divulged his recipe but said he soaked it in a brine for 2 days and rinse it. Salted it and smoked it with zero heat for 1 solid day. He said the wood was the key and didnt tell me what wood. Just hung it in his barn for about 2 weeks. He had a five gallon bucket full.

Comment

Oh my, who woulda thunk it

Comment

mtn. lion tenders are good stuff, counter intuitive? maybe. but great eats

Comment

��

Comment

Never bobcat, but have eaten and really like mountain lion. I have given it to others without telling them what it is....only told them after they took seconds.....love the look on their face when they find out.

Comment

Whenever I've skinned out bobcats for my taxidermy business I've always commented on how clean and white the meat is!! Never have tried it though! I've heard cat makes good Chinese food!

Comment

Working...
                X