Flat Screen Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat Screen Installation

We have an old house in South Texas that I would like to update with a flat screen TV. The problem is that I do not want to drill through the brick to hang to TV. I am thinking of running a 2x4 down from the rafter to install the TV mount. I would love to get some other ideas.

Look into getting a ceiling mount, there a several different styles and price ranges out there. I/we (another of my wife's wonderful projects) are going to put a flat screen on the back porch, to watch ball games on when we are outside. Anyrate, she wanted to hang it on the brick on the back of the fireplace. I wasnt real keen on the idea of cutting a hole in the back of the chiminey and the brick, so we looked at ceiling mounts. We ended up ordering the TV and ceiling mount from Best Buy yesterday and the mount was right at $100. Going to put it up as soon as it gets in. Run all the wiring from the attic down the tube to the back of the TV.

Comment

Yeah you can get mounts that hang on the ceiling and drop down. Which would be the same thing as a 2x4 probably a litte safe, but more expensive.

Comment

It's easier to drill TWO only small holes and mount and think about how secure it would be,takes about 2 mins and a drill& bit.

Comment

I would go with really small cables. They are pretty strong and you can hardly see the thin ones. Maybe decorate them or somethin.

Comment

Working...
          X