Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you following the "kids in the cave" story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think two divers should be able to swim one at a time out if the can just teach them to breathe from a scuba tank.

Comment

I thought being an MRI tube touching the sides was bad. I will praying for these folks, that is scary stuff.

Comment

It has to be pitch black dark in there too, right? What have they been eating?

Cant imagine teaching somebody to dive in those conditions, much less swim. Why not just run an air hose down there or something like this?

At some time the coach had to think heading further into the cave was not a great idea.

Comment

Are you following the "kids in the cave" story?

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
          It has to be pitch black dark in there too, right? What have they been eating?

Cant imagine teaching somebody to dive in those conditions, much less swim. Why not just run an air hose down there or something like this?

At some time the coach had to think heading further into the cave was not a great idea.

https://www.spotmydive.com/en/news/s...the-underwater

Divers went in and located them as well as distributed 4 months worth of rations and medical supplies.
          A long air line would be risky as its a little more than 3 miles (according to the diagram in OP’s post) from the entrance of the cave. They went in, got trapped by rising water and had no other choice but to push further in. Its so tight in places, the divers had to remove their gear to get through.

I think the tunnel plan from above may be their best chance as long as there is still access via trained divers and medical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by bloodstick; 07-03-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Crazy story! They have some of the best ******es from around the world on site helping to get them out.

Comment

It wouldn't take me long to learn how to operate scuba gear if it meant getting my *** out of an underwater cave…

Comment

They were in the wrong place at the wrong time for sure. I am extremely claustrophobic so I have been following along morbidly. Some might blame the coach for being a tardo but seeing the flash floods here in TX you can see how it can go bad in a few seconds.

I just don't get how they came up with the 4 months before rescue.

I googled trapped miners and they usually make it out in a month or so. I get that they have the capability to dig faster than most but 4 months seems pretty extreme.

Comment

I can't even imagine this. I think the likelihood of a kid panicking halfway through with little scuba training is a huge concern.

Comment

4 months gets them out of the rainy season.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      Note to self: above ground is just fine

No ****

Comment

Comment

They say the problem is water continues to rise and heavy rain is expected in the next couple of days to increase the water.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                            4 months gets them out of the rainy season.
                            Yea but what if the cave floods and they all die in those 4 months?

I guess we will see what they come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              Note to self: above ground is just fine
                              You aint Kidding. I'm claustrophobic and this would be a nighmare for me. That being said my ARSE wouldn't be going into a cave especially during any rainy season.

Comment

if they can get them food and rations, they can get them out with scuba. apparently there is a current in some of the water?!

i'm sure they brought them some lights. wonder if they had any batteries left in their lights when they were found. that's enough to make anyone go crazy in the pitch dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X