No announcement yet.

What's your favorite beat around gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of these always with me. .44 mag, .45 and .22.
    Attached Files

Comment

My old Remington 22 . Been shooting is since I was about 5 . Was my great uncles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I guess I have two. A Marlin 882 (.22 mag) with a 3x9 Leopold on it that I took off a deer rifle. It stays in the rack on the buggy when I ride around the lease. Great for random plinkin' or for when I see a critter that needs shooting. The other is a Ruger GP-100 I keep loaded with a combination of shotshells and .357 rounds
        Last edited by jerp; 06-26-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

There have been some good guns mentioned. Some that I've carried myself and shot gobs of critters with. But I'll tell y'all what I'm a big Ruger 10/22 fan. As far as reliability goes they're hard to beat. There ain't no telling how many thousands of rounds I've put through one. Probably shot more stuff with that gun than just about any of the others I've had. Back when my buddy got one I bet we both went through at least one box of 550 rounds each every week during the Spring and several more throughout the Summer. He had a prairie dog town that surrounded his house and we'd spend all day out there every day when we weren't in school. We shot prairie dogs until the world looked flat. Along with any other varmint that got too close.

We didn't have those fancy 25 round magazines that are available now but we both had them because our thumbs got sore from loading the 10 rounders constantly. We just had those cheapies that would go haywire eventually. I had one clear Butler Creek 25 round magazine that always did good. I threw several more down out in that dog town that jammed up on me.

Comment

Got a mossburg youth .410 and a Ruger 10/22 that always come with me

Comment

SIG 516 .223

I've had it for years. It rides in the Mule and is covered in a layer of dirt so thick it looks brown. That thing has never not fed a round and is super accurate.

I cleaned it for the first time ever a couple of weekends ago and almost didn't recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                H&R handi Rifle in 223. Killed more critters with it than all other guns combined
                I had one of these. It was pretty accurate. Mine usually is my Howa in .308.

Comment

Bersa Thunder Pro HC 9MM

Comment

Hi-Point 9mm Carbine

Comment

I bought a cheap Ruger american .300 AAC and had the barrel cut down to 10".
                      great little gun

Comment

My Ruger security six 357 mag follows me into the woods most times. I've got a cheap Taurus model 94 9 shot 22 lr that has dispatched a dump truck full of water moccasins and my New England snake tamer rides in the boat with me.

Comment

Weatherby Vanguard in .300 Win Mag.

Comment

GP 100 6” stainless 357

Comment

Dont really have a single weapon. A 300 BO suppressed SBR AR, Marlin 1894 in 357 Mag,CZ 527's in 221 Fireball or 6.5 Grendel often ride with me.

Comment

Around the house it's a ruger single six. If I. Headed to the woods it's usually an AR tossed in the back seat or in the rack on the 4 wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                                X