Which feeder unit for Stand and Fill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which feeder unit for Stand and Fill?

About to build a stand and fill for my new lease. Feeder pens are required so pigs shouldn't be a problem. Im looking at the Ultramatic, All Seasons, and West Texas Feeder supply all 12V with "The Timer" but which plate is best for stand and fill? I dont want a pile under the feeder but I also don't want it slinging way outside the pen!

If you go with the eliminator does this mean you wouldnt need a varmint cage?

Comment

I have a all seasons. It has the “flapper” plate. I’d put a cage around it, coons still crawl all over it

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
        I have a all seasons. It has the “flapper” plate. I’d put a cage around it, coons still crawl all over it
        How far does that seem to sling it?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
          How far does that seem to sling it?

A good ways... my stand was 11 yards away and would have a few kernels hit it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don’t worry about the corn under the feeder.....the deer will eat it. If you feel like your Stand & Fill is too low......place cement pads under the legs to raise it. I did this very thing and the deer get under the feeder easily now. If you have Coons then a cage may come in handy. If you go with the Eliminator spinner then not much to worry about other than it functioning properly every single time. I have one on my road feeder that works well.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              A good ways... my stand was 11 yards away and would have a few kernels hit it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                Don’t worry about the corn under the feeder.....the deer will eat it. If you feel like your Stand & Fill is too low......place cement pads under the legs to raise it. I did this very thing and the deer get under the feeder easily now. If you have Coons then a cage may come in handy. If you go with the Eliminator spinner then not much to worry about other than it functioning properly every single time. I have one on my road feeder that works well.
                Coons will be there!

Comment

Krivoman directional

Comment

I have a couplete Ultramatic for sale if you are interested. Make you a good deal and ship it to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X