Remington core locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington core locks

I just ran across a thread that was talking about 7 mm 08 ammunition(same caliber as I shoot) and somebody brought up the fact that Remington "core locks" were not any good anymore. I have been having some issues sighting in a new rifle and have found a lot of videos on the internet stating rings and mounts were bad from the factory on this brand rifle. (I know this to be true because all of the issues these people were having I was having as well), So I replaced them and I'm about to go to the range and shoot and try to get my scope dialled in. The reason I bring this up is because I have only shot core locks through this rifle because that's all I have ever shot and same with the rest of my family. We have not had to buy ammo for several years because we had enough stockpiled, but with this new rifle I purchased (and have been "trying" to sight in) I have been using new core lock ammo and it is giving me hell trying to get it dialed in. What have y'all been noticing about this ammo?
    Has it truly gone to pot? Thanks for any info

I think you may be referring to my post from that thread. My experience using Corelokts with my 08 is that they suck, at least in terms of accuracy, so I switched to Winchester PSP’s. I want to start reloading here soon but right now I’m very pleased with the Winchesters.

Comment

Hornady whitetail loads work great for my 7-08.

Comment

And don’t do what I did and wait 9 years to try a different type of ammo (I had stockpiled it too and was trying make it work). The accuracy issues effected my confidence, which led to a flinch- which I’d never had before- and caused me all kinds of grief. I’m pretty well over it now but in hindsight I should never have let it get that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          I think you may be referring to my post from that thread. My experience using Corelokts with my 08 is that they suck, at least in terms of accuracy, so I switched to Winchester PSP’s. I want to start reloading here soon but right now I’m very pleased with the Winchesters.
          Yep accuracy is horrible.
          Federal Fusions(140gr) is what I would recommend.

Comment

Man that’s interesting, only round I’ve used the past 10 years in .308 and never had an issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
              Man that’s interesting, only round I’ve used the past 10 years in .308 and never had an issue at all.
              No problems here either. Used them in my 30-06 for 20 years.

Comment

The 7mm-08 is a very accurate round. My brother had a few bad bullets from Winchester a long time ago and we have never bought it since. I've always had good luck with corelokts in .280 rem 30-06, .243.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  It’s probably the gun, not the bullets. I shoot core-lokts in about 8 different caliber rifles and each one is extremely accurate, groups well, and performs flawlessly.

Comment

all I use in 7-08 is hornady day. Love em and shoot great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I use corelokts in a couple of my 222’s and two of my 6mm. Work great.

Comment

Used them in 30-06 150 and 180 gr. for 40 years. No problem.

Comment

All i shoot in my 308, I've tried a lot of others (expensive) rounds and core locts are the best grouping for me.

No issue here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Today Remington ammo and firearm production quality is not all that great, manufactures have gotten use to selling anything they could put on store shelves.

I'm finding better accuracy using the Federal Power Shok, (blue box ).

Comment

Been shooting Remington core lokt out of my 7mm rem mag for 20 yrs with no issue. Including the box of 150 grain I bought this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X