Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the post with the tbh’er 271” deer go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Who's bickering, we're simply having a discussion. We don't need to keep a thread alive anyway, there's already a couple and probably 1 or 2 more popping up every day for a while LOL
    You new here?!!

Post padding man!!! Post padding!!!

Comment

Hey it might not be in the penal code but dammit the 10% rule is standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In this context I'm equating it to 3 mins after legal shooting time blah blah that was getting thrown out in the other thread. Obviously you can't post that info if you're under investigation that would be dumb. But I'm also saying I'm 100% ok with that so wouldn't fault the guy either way.

I think I meant "one of the 20 buddies" not "one of you 20 buddies" but either way doesn't really matter.
      Let's play a game here.
      You are in a bass tournament.
      You are leading.
      Competitor comes in 2 minutes late, and officials use your 10% rule.
      Competitor wins boat and truck + cash.
      Are you OK with this?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        Let's play a game here.
        You are in a bass tournament.
        You are leading.
        Competitor comes in 2 minutes late, and officials use your 10% rule.
        Competitor wins boat and truck + cash.
        Are you OK with this?
        Depends if I'm the one coming in 2 mins late or not.

So you saying hang this Travis guy because he shot a deer 3 minutes after shooting time? I thought yall were on his side!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
          You new here?!!

Post padding man!!! Post padding!!!
          ^^^^^
          Yeah. Don't want to lose these valuable posts....

Comment

Depends if I'm the one coming in 2 mins late or not.

So you saying hang this Travis guy because he shot a deer 3 minutes after shooting time? I thought yall were on his side!
            I'm on the legal, letter of the law side myself.
            I don't think 3 minutes is the issue.
            Legal shooting time is legal shooting time.
            Weigh In time is weigh in time.
            At what point do we determine "past legal", or "past weigh in" time.?

Comment

I mean I can't argue with you on the letter of the law, and I paid my speeding ticket of 83 in an 80 without complaining. You have to draw the line somewhere. But 3 mins after wouldn't be anywhere near as egregious of an offence, in my mind, as camping out waiting for that deer at midnight or shooting it across a fence on someone else's property or whatever other options there are that we could speculate about.

Comment

I mean I can't argue with you on the letter of the law, and I paid my speeding ticket of 83 in an 80 without complaining. You have to draw the line somewhere. But 3 mins after wouldn't be anywhere near as egregious of an offence, in my mind, as camping out waiting for that deer at midnight or shooting it across a fence on someone else's property or whatever other options there are that we could speculate about.
                I like the man but the law is the law if there is evidence or admission of guilt.

Personally a warden wouldn't have got me to admit it if I shot that deer after legal light even if it was with a hawg lite at midnight but Travis is likely better man than myself

Comment

I get it.
                  A small circumvention of the law is acceptable, to an extent.

Comment

give the man his deer mr green jeans!

Comment

Yeah I'm waiting to hear how the warden has any kind of proof that he shot the deer with a bow after legal hours...

Unless:
                      1) the warden was posted up and watching him hunt

2) someone else witnessed the shot and ratted on him

3) the game warden asked Travis and he openly admitted to it.

It's not like a rifle where they can hear it a mile away.

Not saying he should've lied or that it's ok. I'm just curious as to what kind of proof they have of any violation.

I also realize that I will never know the answer to this question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                        Not looking good for Travis. Still a lot of questions though. Why on Earth would he would he shoot after legal hours unless the buck was in such a state it could not move and if that was the case then why not wait until the next morning? No way the GW would let a violation slide on a buck of that caliber. Plus the restitution for that buck will be 10-20K.
                        ooI have sources that say 55k 🤓

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                          Yeah I'm waiting to hear how the warden has any kind of proof that he shot the deer with a bow after legal hours...

Unless:

Not saying he should've lied or that it's ok. I'm just curious as to what kind of proof they have of any violation.

lol yeah to the bold, however we may read about it in the Game Warden Field Notes they publish in a year or two. They must have something at least circumstantial if they are building a case and preserving evidence. I hope that hide doesn't freezer burn while they're taking their sweet time. :/

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post

Unless:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            #3 - confessed as he is a honest man.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                              #3 - confessed as he is a honest man.
                              That's what I would go with. People can speculate, but I guarantee Travis told the truth.

Comment

no wonder cops always ask questions that will only incriminate honest men.

true lying outlaws have no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X