Shoots really really well[emoji106]

I haven't killed any critters with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone View Post
      Shoots really really well[emoji106]

I haven't killed any critters with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Pretty sure that's what I'm going with. No wait for the barrel, I like the quarter bore, and sending a 87 grain proj @ 3k is nice out of a AR platform. I looked at the 6-45 a lot but have to wait for barrel and ballistics are basically the same, looks like the 25 runs a tad faster.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
        Pretty sure that's what I'm going with. No wait for the barrel, I like the quarter bore, and sending a 87 grain proj @ 3k is nice out of a AR platform. I looked at the 6-45 a lot but have to wait for barrel and ballistics are basically the same, looks like the 25 runs a tad faster.

Shoot the same weight Bullet in the 6x45 and velocity should be relatively the same.

Most people shoot 105 grain bullets in the 6x45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Shoot the same weight Bullet in the 6x45 and velocity should be relatively the same.

Most people shoot 105 grain bullets in the 6x45.

Less room for powder because a smaller diameter bullet in same weight is longer and has to be loaded deeper into the case. Most of the data I've seen has the 6x45 about 200-300 fps slower for same weight projectiles. AS far as 105's I'd imagine your talking bolt guns, that's gonna be hard in a gas gun loading for magazine OAL to achieve any good speed.

Comment

Agreed on the longer projectiles however they would be at a higher ballistic coefficient so would shoot flatter and buck the wind better at longer ranges with the 6x45.

I've see reports of 20-22" 6x45 BHW barrels getting 2900+ fps with 105 grain pills.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Agreed on the longer projectiles however they would be at a higher ballistic coefficient so would shoot flatter and buck the wind better at longer ranges with the 6x45.

I've see reports of 20-22" 6x45 BHW barrels getting 2900+ fps with 105 grain pills.

I have my long range toy, I just want a quick follow up pig smasher. I have a built 308 for 100-800 yard range, and in the process of building a 6.5 x 284 fo longer range (probably gonna replace the 308). I'm not a fan of gas guns for long range really. But I can get 2-3 pigs out of a herd with my bolt gun so I assume with a gas gun with something that weighs more than 55 grains I can get that closer to 3-5 per herd. lol. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by ckat View Post
                I very rarely shoot pigs in the head. They are a great test medium for bullet performance. I am sure that I have shot some good size pigs with it, just can't put my finger on it. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to shoot several dozen+++ pigs each year. This combo has shot a lot! Most 100-150 pounders have good size exits through the shoulders. I can't recall ever having to shoot more than once when I do my part.

Longest distance at a deer that I can recall is 236 yards. Good size doe - good exit - died within 20 yards. Pretty typical results...

Here is some of the 6x45's handy work...

You have my attention. I need to study on this 6x45

Comment

Working...
                X