Who doesn't wanna see more knives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who doesn't wanna see more knives...

Finally got a few done or close enough for pics!haha The nut-cutter was done for a student of mine that works as a ranch hand (I'd never heard of one before), small black one for one of my basketball players for high school graduation, black one w finger grooves for an ex-player of mine graduating from marines in March, and the drop point hunter is for a local guy. This is my first batch to complete w my 2x72 grinder...wow, what a difference! Still got another 15 heat treated blades that I have to clean up and get handles on...basketball is almost over so I'll have a little more time!! Ready for SUMMER!!haha

Nice!!!! They look great

Comment

I like that third one. What are the specs? For sale?

Comment

Thanks guys! Those are all spoken for... im still waiting for an associate sponsorship to come open so that I can sell here

Comment

Awesome work.

Comment

Nice Coach!

Just got my kiln, waiting to offload some product for some extra cash. Picked up a 1.5hp Dayton motor for cheap today- I see a homemade 2x72 grinder in my future!

I have two blades ready now in sheaths, five that are almost ready, along with several Buck 110 sheaths, and 3 blanks that are ready to start grinding.

Note- NOT for sale!

Comment

Sweet! What kinda kiln did u get? I'm debating between buying an evenheat oven or just keep sending them to Bos for heat treat...they do a great job, just hate having to make 20 at a time and then the wait for them to get back.

Comment

You have come a long way since your first hand filed knives. Nice work coach!

Comment

Nice work. Didn't you just recently start making knives? I remember reading one of your post of your first knife.

Comment

Thanks guys, and yes I have!! Those first knives im kind of embarrassed by now!haha Yes, I actually started a year ago...last spring break I decided to make my nephew a knife and it kinda snowballed from there...did my first 30 or so knives with a filing jig! I bought my grinder about 2 months ago, just haven't had much time to use it lately! Been out in the shop working on a few more knives all morning and gonna take my daughter to a valentine dance here in a bit! Can't beat it on this beautiful day!

Comment

These are all heat treated, just gotta get em all cleaned up and handles on them...this should keep me busy for a little whil anyway!haha but I made another steel order last night just in case!

Comment

I need one just like that 3rd one!!!

Pleaaaaaaaase sell a few of these

Comment

I bought an old Cress kiln, nothing to speak of except the metal, brick and coils are good, front loader. I have a new pyrometer and gauge on order, next couple of months I'll convert it to a fully regulated digital oven.

Nice set of blades- that is a lot of sandpaper. Nice straw color on the temper.

Comment

Very nice work coachk.

Comment

Sounds cool Razor! Yep, gonna have to order some more sanding belts too!!haha Thanks Mac!!

Comment

Working...
                              X