Traditional shooters in the Spring/North Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional shooters in the Spring/North Houston area

I just recently got a recurve and have been shooting it almost daily becoming really interested in shooting traditional now. I was wondering if there were any clubs or groups of shooters that get together in the north side of Houston, I live in Spring. I'd like to gain some knowledge of the sport and become a better traditional shooter. Thanks

I can't help you Rudy (I'm north of Dallas), but someone will be along soon. The Stein's (VP and Secretary of TBoT) live in Spring, but they're not on the Green Screen.

Good luck and welcome to the fun side of archery.

Comment

Welcome aboard... I am in Highlands, I don't know of any traditional clubs around here. I shoot everyday that I can, you're welcome to shoot with me anytime our schedules work.

Comment

I am just south of Cleveland up 59. I know there are a bunch over on the west side. We will occasionally have get-togethers. We also meet at the 3-D shoots when they start up.

Comment

Get with jreyna hes around the Houston area. Welcome to the Trad side.

Comment

I live north on Mueschke - north of 2920 .. In Magnolia. Gonna be busy for the next few weeks but, will be shooting soon.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Been shooting a compound for a while and picked up the recurve around Christmas at an archery shop in Florida. It's a 60" takedown, 45 lb Samick Deermaster. I love the challenge of shooting it versus the compound, but I'm not confident hunting with it yet. Shooting traditional really test your abilities and you feel more connected to the weapon, reminds of competitive pistol shooting I used to do. It's fun to shoot some arrows after work in the backyard.

Comment

i am to the north of you in livingston, but shoot the 3d clubs in the houston area and me and my wife are still the southeast region asa reps so come on out and shoot sometime.

Comment

I am off 290 and hwy 6. Just moved in the new house and getting g everything set up. You are welcome to come shoot with me. You can watch me shoot and know what NOT to do.

Glenn

Comment

Working...
                  X