Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Texas Shoot Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Shoot Out

Well, Zachary and I will be pulling out the 8th to head down to LaPrior to the Chaparosa Ranch for the annual javi hunt.
    I will pick my bud Bob Mcrae up the 7th to drive down with us. He lives in Rifle Co. and makes this hunt each year.
    Can't remember exactly by I think this my 13th or 14th year on the staff. This will be Zachs 1st year on staff and I am really looking forward to working and hunting pigs with him. Guess we will be returning to Austin somewhere around the 20th. I will have my phone with me in case someone feels the need to call.
    Wish us luck and looking forward to seeing some of you guys down there.

P.S., guess I will be using a release on my longbow to hunt since I have this tendon issue in my holding hand and cant shoot over about 35# without causing myself trouble. Hopefully the pigs won't be able to jump the string like a deer can.

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
    Well, Zachary and I will be pulling out the 8th to head down to LaPrior to the Chaparosa Ranch for the annual javi hunt.
    I will pick my bud Bob Mcrae up the 7th to drive down with us. He lives in Rifle Co. and makes this hunt each year.
    Can't remember exactly by I think this my 13th or 14th year on the staff. This will be Zachs 1st year on staff and I am really looking forward to working and hunting pigs with him. Guess we will be returning to Austin somewhere around the 20th. I will have my phone with me in case someone feels the need to call.
    Wish us luck and looking forward to seeing some of you guys down there.

P.S., guess I will be using a release on my longbow to hunt since I have this tendon issue in my holding hand and cant shoot over about 35# without causing myself trouble. Hopefully the pigs won't be able to jump the string like a deer can.
    LOL...I bet they don't jump as far anyway.

Good luck to you both and have fun.

Comment

Good luck to the both of you! BTW I received my Puma the day before I left town, that "ninja" finish on the limbs really looks good with the actionwood in the riser! It was raining that day so I only got to shoot it a little, I'm still having a hard time believing that a recurve can be that quiet. Hope your hand gets to feeling better soon, have fun on the hunt!

Comment

go get"M bob/zack. hey bob is the hunting as good as it was on the callaghan

Comment

Bob and Zach! KAP! have fun, be safe, and shoot straight!

Comment

Good luck out there Bob and Zach. Hope to see y'all there.

Comment

Best of luck to you guys Bob!!! Ya'll be careful and watch for them stinking rattlegators!!

Comment

I'm going. Hope to meet you there.

Comment

This will be the first year in over 20 I will miss. LAP for me!

Comment

Y'all have a great time and good luck. Pics will be required ya know.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

this year there is no conflict with the Winter trad shoot. Maybe I can see all your pics at the shoot. ( hint, hint). Good luck

Comment

Got the call today, and I was asked to bring my portable showers to this shindig, hopefully I will get enough time off work to go and shoot the breeze. Maybe even a pig or hog too.

Comment

Thanks guys, Jeffro, there don't seem to be as many javi but more hogs. Last 2 years we still managed a 33 % kill ratio.

Comment

Good luck and y'all have fun!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X