Good trip up to panhandle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good trip up to panhandle

Driving home now. Its a long way back to the hill country.
    Attached Files

?

Comment

What did you get?

Comment

Something got smoked! Looks like it was rage style

Comment

I was a first hand witness.

Comment

It has horns.........will post up story and pics when I get settled in.

Comment

Waiting..

Comment

So Jason (texag93) calls me Monday last week and asks if I wanted to come to his lease up north to do some culling of whitetails and stick some pigs. It was an easy decision, other than the fact that I had a tattoo scheduled for Friday at one on the day I needed to leave. I decided I could do both. Its only a 7hr drive. After my inking was done I headed up and was able to get to the ranch by 11. Not bad considering the Friday traffic getting out of Austin. So I get to the ranch, unload and Jason and I spend several hours yapping, and we didnt get to bed at a reasonable time. We wake up just a few short hours later to thunder, lightning, mud puddles everyware and they are getting bigger with a steady light rain. We decide that its still worth trying to get to the stand (only by my pushing the subject), but he was concerned about me finding it in the rain. I tell him to just hunt with me and video. He agrees and we got in his stand about thirty min before daylight. The rain lets up right as the sun was coming up and turns out to be perfectly quiet and calm. Right after the feeder goes off the first buck shows up. A young 6. We argue over the age simply because Im not used to the size of these deer. Well about the time we loose steam on the debate this dude comes over the hill and Jason rips the binocs outta my hands. A few seconds later he says there's your cull if you want him. Sure enough it turns out to be just what I was after. It takes him a while to get turned in the right direction after chasing off the other buck and staring down another 3pt that is coming in. Jason waves off the video because he was worried about spooking him. He was at twenty yards slightly quartered when I let the Rage fly. Shot was perfect. I was able to watch him fall over at 40yds. So far this is my largest bow buck. Thanks again Jason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	panhandle deer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24034529

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Dang nice deer! Congrats!

Comment

Must have been the new tat, congrats

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Great buck. Congrats. It's good to have friends like that.

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Great deer! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X