Need some opinions ( Bob Lee bow )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some opinions ( Bob Lee bow )

Looking at some Bob Lee bows again. The question is...
    Which bow would be the smoothest ?

A 60" amo takedown recurve with a 15" riser or
    a 60" amo takedown recurve with a 19" riser ???

Obviously the 15' riser would have limbs longer than the 19" model.

Opinions please. I'm undecided which way to go.

Thanks

It would depend on draw length to me....

Comment

With a 28.5" draw.

Comment

You will find that if you have bigger hands the 19" riser will be more comfortable to you. As far as one being smoother than the other I don't think you will notice a big difference. I have a 60" and a 62" on the 19" riser and have a 58" on the way but I shoot a 56" on the 15" riser every time I go up there and it is a dream to shoot. I can't tell much difference other than the room on the grip. But if you are having one built Rob will work the grip to your hand so it is really just a preference thing. Hope this helps, good luck.

Clay

Comment

A longer working limb is always going to be smoother. If you were 25-26 " draw the longer riser with shorter limbs would put you more in the sweet spot ( so to speak) of the limb. At your draw the longer limbs are going to be more efficient for you.

Comment

Thanks Clay and Todd,

I wanted to get you all's opinion before heading up there. I want to try out several different ones if possible.
            Anyone else have anything ???

Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
              A longer working limb is always going to be smoother. If you were 25-26 " draw the longer riser with shorter limbs would put you more in the sweet spot ( so to speak) of the limb. At your draw the longer limbs are going to be more efficient for you.
              X2

Comment

I prefer the longbow riser with recurve limbs. When i went to the factory and shot several bows that was my favorite.
                B

Comment

Bobby,

For your draw length, the 15" riser and the 60" limbs, or the 19" riser and the 62" limbs, would be best.

If you want maneuverability, got for the short riser. If you want stability, go for the long riser.

Personally I want to get a 62" with a long riser, when I can afford it. Good luck with your decision. Lets get together and shoot some time.

Take care,
                  Edward
                  Last edited by edwardv; 01-28-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks y'all...Edward as soon as I get another Trad bow we'll get together and fling a few.
                    I need to start now so I can be good and ready come October.

Comment

i have the 60" bow with a 15" riser I usually have at the shop with me in nac if you want to shoot one

Comment

Hey Brent,
                        I appreciate the offer. I may take you up on that in the near future.
                        Thanks,
                        Bobby

Comment

just give me until thursday... I just put snake skins on my bow, I need to let the finish dry.

Comment

Working...
                          X