No announcement yet.

any trouble at the vine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don't hunt the fenceline, the locals don't like you doing that, lord knows they don't do it. They have no problem setting up a feeder and tower facing right at public land. Even seen one guy that had a hog trap pushed right up against the fence, an he wasn't just catching hogs

Comment

I talked to Steve Lindamund (not sure on the spelling there) anyway he is the Park Ranger on the Vine. He said he would moving on pretty soon. He is going to be moving to Anchorage Alaska. Cant remember exactly what he said he would be doing but its still the same line of work he's doing now.

Comment

climbing stands at the vine?

can you use climbing stands at the vine?

Comment

Yes you can use a climber.

I knew Steve was moving, but He didn't say Alaska. We need to find out who the new contact person for the ACE is.

Comment

I am glad I finally found a post on this issue. I have been rifle hunting since I was 8 but finanlly got into bow hunting about 2 months ago after moving so close COE areas. I started hunting Grapvine about a month and a half ago(blue Expedition with Texas Tech Allum. sticker on back windshield) and have seen alot of lack of responsibility on the people that have been using the Marshal Creek area(hopefully you are reading this!)

1. Lots of empty shot shells and broken clays from clay target practice(any type of target practice is prohibited at Grapevine).
            2. The set-up at this location: 33.1.509N,97.12.445W (tree feeder(okay if you have permission from the lake),pvc pipe with corn and some type of attractanct(attractants not allowed), flood lights(has anyone been told Grapevine allows night hunting for Pigs?), game camera(all drilled into trees,can't penetrate bark), tree steps drilled into the tree leading to a tree stand again drilled into the tree and there is no contact information in a easy to find area.

I know some other COE(and WMA areas) lakes don't allow you to leave any type of personal property longer than 24 to 72 hours depending on which lake. What has been told otherwise about Grapevine/Lewisville?

If all of if this is still there this Saturday or Sunday when I go to try and stick a pig I am going to go ahead and call the game warden or the lake office.

I am by no means an Angel but I do respect the rules and regulations in place when using things that are not mine. Am I over reacting?

Comment

Originally posted by ttujason02 View Post
              I am glad I finally found a post on this issue. I have been rifle hunting since I was 8 but finanlly got into bow hunting about 2 months ago after moving so close COE areas. I started hunting Grapvine about a month and a half ago(blue Expedition with Texas Tech Allum. sticker on back windshield) and have seen alot of lack of responsibility on the people that have been using the Marshal Creek area(hopefully you are reading this!)

1. Lots of empty shot shells and broken clays from clay target practice(any type of target practice is prohibited at Grapevine).
              2. The set-up at this location: 33.1.509N,97.12.445W (tree feeder(okay if you have permission from the lake),pvc pipe with corn and some type of attractanct(attractants not allowed), flood lights(has anyone been told Grapevine allows night hunting for Pigs?), game camera(all drilled into trees,can't penetrate bark), tree steps drilled into the tree leading to a tree stand again drilled into the tree and there is no contact information in a easy to find area.

I know some other COE(and WMA areas) lakes don't allow you to leave any type of personal property longer than 24 to 72 hours depending on which lake. What has been told otherwise about Grapevine/Lewisville?

If all of if this is still there this Saturday or Sunday when I go to try and stick a pig I am going to go ahead and call the game warden or the lake office.

I am by no means an Angel but I do respect the rules and regulations in place when using things that are not mine. Am I over reacting?
              I will be there this weekend as well white Z71 with HD sticker in back window.

Comment

geez, good luck policing up all the clowns at grapevine. your fighting a losing battle by the way.

Comment

Just wait until the season get here. You will see so much corn on the ground you will think that you are in Iowa. I don't know who our new contact person at ACE is now that Steve relocated. I need to find out. I heard that some people were pistol shooting out there recently. TPW got on that one.

Comment

Hunting at Grapevine

[QUOTE=bulletpusher;557960]Just wait until the season get here. You will see so much corn on the ground you will think that you are in Iowa. I don't know who our new contact person at ACE is now that Steve relocated. I need to find out. I heard that some people were pistol shooting out there recently. TPW got on that one.[/QUOTE

COE is not focused on hunters. They are all about flood control and boaters. Have you noticed a difference btw the North Dallas tollway and I35. Both roads go North/ South and head to downtown but one road is free and one you have to pay for. Take both roads on the same day and see if you can notice the differences in the people you see. Free hunting is not the same as a lease.

Bottom line, no one on this website is super thrilled about living in the city. If it was up to me I would live way out in the middle of nowhere, but I have to work so I live in the city and go to Grapevine because for those 4 hours of walking around and seeing anything it feels like I dont live in the city.

Grapevine is what it is. After one season of hunting public land I think I will hang it up. Public land is cool if you have a ton of time and a super flexible job. You cant bait, cant hunt at night, and have to worry about too many stupid people. I think rather be poor and get a lease close to the area.

Does anyone have a lease where they need another person?

Comment

Working...
                    X