Aluminum Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Boats

I have the Aluminum boat fever...I've looked at the G3, Alumacraft, SeaArk somewhat.
    I want an all around boat (18'-20' X 72") I love to bowfish but I also want to be able to bass fish, take wife and grandkids out on occasion, so I want something that can do a little bit of it all.

Looking for y'alls input on what brand, features you all like in one. Personal experiences as well.
    I've never had a tunnel hull (bowfishing) so wanted some input on that as well.

Any recommended dealers in the Houston and E.Texas areas.

Thanks

I had a 19’6 gator Trax and liked it a lot. Very shallow water boat. Would float in 3-4” of water. Also handled good.

They are more of a flat bottom boat so they don’t ride great, on par with other flat bottom style boats.

Tough as nails.

Comment

I have a Sea Ark bought in new in 2000 has a Mer 90Hp on it. Its been a great boat haven't had one problem with it. The one thing I will say in any kind of wind expect a wet ride.

Comment

Xcel,xpress/alumacraft,seaark,weldbuilt,g3

Unless you have a glass boat budget then boatright. I had an 18 xpress that I only miss when teal season is here.

All but the later will be wet in a decent chop

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-10-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

How much you want to spend?

If you want the best aluminum boat that will last a lifetime, but a Boatright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was looking at aluminum boats a while back and really had my heart set on a Ranger RB190 Center Console with a 115. That boat is a perfect do all boat IMO, build you some removable lights and bowfish. Plenty of room to bass fish plus all stainless hardware makes it well suited for saltwater as well. You could easily pull a tube or something behind it as well as I spent many hours a kid tubing behind my grandfathers 19' center console.

Comment

I just ordered my new boat a couple weeks ago. Should have it before July 4th.

2018 Weld Craft 20' with a 115 E-tec. Center console and 8' power pole.

Comment

i have a 2017 Alumacraft 2072 bay TCC with a Suzuki 115. rigged with dual power poles! it will do it all! thinking about selling it also. wanting a poling skiff

Comment

I've got a 17 54 excel. It's tuff as nails rides good and will go where ever I want. It has a 55 mag mud motor, I bass fish creeks and marsh type areas w it, but mainly it's for duck hunting

Comment

Comment

I bought an xpress h20 bay about 2 months ago and love it. Handles great in rough water. Its 20'3"x94". Big casting decks for bass fishing too
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'll get with you on Sunday night, Bobby...I have the perfect place for you to keep it stored

In all seriousness, the boats in MossyOak and HoggSlayers pics have been high on my list for a while. But I also like the SeaArk, Excel, and Gator Trax.

The GT is a premium boat and it's more of a dream for me than a reality, for what I would want. Their Strike Series...it is a phenomenal boat, but I could get a really nice glass bay boat for the same price, and "YouKnowWho" would be wanting the glass boat to ride around in versus the aluminum for the same money

As far as an aluminum bass boat goes, Vexus is coming out with a very good looking line of aluminums that I want to get in front of to check out...from the photos I've seen, it looks like a gem of a boat

Comment

There is a Boat Right for sale on here that is a steal.

Comment

Spend the money and buy one of these. My dad and brother are lobbying me to buy one and not a glass boat when I get in the market.

They both own a Boatright.

Comment

Go look at my add in the classifieds. I use that boat to bowfish, sadbass/hybrid fish, bass fish, kids tubbing. About as good as it gets for an all around boat. I would even let my custom built winch system go with it for removing the deck by yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X